Chris Coleman steams towards favourite for new manager

Book makers shorten odds to get you to bet.

Since TP left several names have come into short odds then drifted out again.

I'm not saying Coleman won't get the job but I'm not convinced the bookies odds reflect any knowledge on their behalf of the process.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Book makers shorten odds to get you to bet.

Since TP left several names have come into short odds then drifted out again.

I'm not saying Coleman won't get the job but I'm not convinced the bookies odds reflect any knowledge on their behalf of the process.

correct we have this every time we have a search for a manager, bookie odds do not reflect probability more the amount of money been placed on them, these markets are quite small and can be influenced with relatively small amounts of cash they are also tweaked to imply cash, not that any bookie would ever con their customers, I believe last time several apparent plunges on about 4 diff people  'lump on' was one

1/10 and less is something to look at, even then with chansiri , he's liable to change his mind at the last second not that that ever happened either 

• Like 1

If this is true, then I abandon any hope that Chansiri has actually learned from his mistakes.

Nothing at all against Chris Coleman, but his managerial career is hugely uninspiring.

Perhaps most worrying, he joined Sunderland mid-season, was given no budget in the January transfer window, had to make do with a bunch of loanees, and the season ended in relegation. Can anyone else see a precedent?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Christ, give me strength. Seems a nice enough bloke, but bar benefitting from Gareth Bale in the Euros years ago, done nothing. Not a good manager.

The longer this goes and the more names get linked, the more I'm preparing for another wasted few months just  awaiting the next sacking and subsequent embarrassment of a recruitment process. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1