Brilliant.

Onwards and upwards.

On our way, on our way.

Obviously not 

Was a joke 

Come back with a sense of humour 

Guest Mcguigan
1 hour ago, Yorksowl said:

Its turned out well for George Hirst. Looks like another wannabe is going to fall by the wayside so I would say no damage done. Probably the opposite. DC I suppose could easily have caved in to his alleged wage demands of 10k a week or whatever on a lengthy contract but didnt and look now at master Hirst now. He isnt exactly banging goals in at championship level and will possibly end up a journeyman being loaned to one lower  division club then another by his parent club until they off load.

Was always going to be the case, not because of his greed or his advisors/fathers greed but because of his actual ability to make it as an elite level footballer.

For the definition of nepotism in football, see George Hirst.

I'll stick my neck out and say that there will be no Nigel Pearson nor Paul Cook.

DC will be looking to employ a foreign coach IMO, Jemez, Weiler, Morais to name a few will be the ones that are on his radar and more likely appointments than a British candidate.

A lot of folk talking about him falling out with the Thai owners at Leicester but he obviously rebuilt that bridge when he managed their feeder club in Belgium and was part of the stitch-up re. George Hirst.

I think this would be the main obstacle to him coming here from DC’s point of view.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

A lot of folk talking about him falling out with the Thai owners at Leicester but he obviously rebuilt that bridge when he managed their feeder club in Belgium and was part of the stitch-up re. George Hirst.

I think this would be the main obstacle to him coming here from DC’s point of view.

It might work in his favour if he can convince DC that at the time his loyalty was to Leicester and not SWFC

• Like 1

Just now, happy bunny said:

It might work in his favour if he can convince DC that at the time his loyalty was to Leicester and not SWFC

There might be something in that.

I thought it was strange when we had the pre-season friendly there after what had happened and remember, DC was sold Wednesday by MM based on the Leicester model and using the same advisors.

Makes you wonder.....

17 minutes ago, Paddyowl said:

I'll stick my neck out and say that there will be no Nigel Pearson nor Paul Cook.

DC will be looking to employ a foreign coach IMO, Jemez, Weiler, Morais to name a few will be the ones that are on his radar and more likely appointments than a British candidate.

Yep, I’m thinking the same. The Paul cook link from Friday has materialised into nothing. Same as when the Cowly’s were linked prior to monk getting the gig. It’s going to be an unheard of, unproven yes man from abroad.

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I really like Pearson however him and Chansiri working together would be a disaster. 

You have a point,  but in reality who could work with Chansiri ?

People can work with him, Carlos proved that but I suppose it depends how well the manager is doing . Chansiri has shown a degree of patience with one or two managers, there was clearly a huge clash of personalities, cultures and a breakdown of trust between him a Pulis.

If the shortlist is Cook and Pearson then I’d be happy with either. Chansiri is less likely to be grabbed around the throat by Cook so he would probably choose him.

What we don’t want is a timid yes man who is frightened to speak his mind .

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Really don’t get the fuss over Pearson. 

This 

he lasted 5 months at Watford before being sacked as they were 2 games from relegation .

lasted about the same at derby where he was a disaster

Sacked by a second division Belgium club as they plunged downwards.

He is trading on admittedly strong work in two spells at Leicester. 

I am no fan of Paul cook but I would certainly have him over Nigel pearson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This 

he lasted 5 months at Watford before being sacked as they were 2 games from relegation .

lasted about the same at derby where he was a disaster

Sacked by a second division Belgium club as they plunged downwards.

He is trading on admittedly strong work in two spells at Leicester. 

I am no fan of Paul cook but I would certainly have him over Nigel pearson.

Has also had accusations of being a bully all over the national press.... Plus grabbed the neck of a player.

But he did play for us, so that makes him a success...you know, like Wilson and Turner

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Has also had accusations of being a bully all over the national press.... Plus grabbed the neck of a player.

But he did play for us, so that makes him a success...you know, like Wilson and Turner

So not even a bully, just accusations of being a bully. 

Last thing we'd want is a red blooded male running things, better a lady or someone who's been castrated.