Nigel Pearson (speaks)

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This 

he lasted 5 months at Watford before being sacked as they were 2 games from relegation .

lasted about the same at derby where he was a disaster

Sacked by a second division Belgium club as they plunged downwards.

He is trading on admittedly strong work in two spells at Leicester. 

I am no fan of Paul cook but I would certainly have him over Nigel pearson.

Yeah we need someone who can build a successful team. Not Pearson, look at that shower of shíte he left ranieri at Leicester. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

This 

he lasted 5 months at Watford before being sacked as they were 2 games from relegation .

lasted about the same at derby where he was a disaster

Sacked by a second division Belgium club as they plunged downwards.

He is trading on admittedly strong work in two spells at Leicester. 

I am no fan of Paul cook but I would certainly have him over Nigel pearson.

Agreed. He did ok-ish at Watford but they would have probably still gone down if he was in charge. Belgium and Derby were both a disaster. He fell out with everyone at Derby and lasted a few months.

Would go the same way as Pulis in my opinion. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

So not even a bully, just accusations of being a bully. 

Last thing we'd want is a red blooded male running things, better a lady or someone who's been castrated. 

Yes. A red blooded male is the key requirement. It's goes before anything else..cos....to throw a famous phrase in here "they would not have gotten away with those performances with..."

7 minutes ago, poite said:

If chansiri wanted to turn the tables a bit following the latest disaster of a press conference where he alienated 90% of the fanbase bringing Pearson in would be a good first step

And yet on our poll, Cook was more favoured

• Like 1

I think Pearson's CV is fairly poor TBH - certainly over the last 5 years or so.

He, like the other old school English managers are permanently sat on the bench awaiting the call from a PL team in the relegation spots to come in a save them. Like Big Sam, it tends to fail and the cycle continues.

We're, not at the moment, desperate - we've done that with Pulis and we now know that Pulis was a charlatan; a chancer; a failed character and manager.

Let's move on to someone who can build the team and help re-building the club over the next 3 years - I don't think Pearson is that man, but thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think Pearson's CV is fairly poor TBH - certainly over the last 5 years or so.

He, like the other old school English managers are permanently sat on the bench awaiting the call from a PL team in the relegation spots to come in a save them. Like Big Sam, it tends to fail and the cycle continues.

We're, not at the moment, desperate - we've done that with Pulis and we now know that Pulis was a charlatan; a chancer; a failed character and manager.

Let's move on to someone who can build the team and help re-building the club over the next 3 years - I don't think Pearson is that man, but thanks for the memories.

Where has Big Sam failed?

As for Pulis, I think he was the opposite to a charlatan  - we knew exactly what he was like and DC didn't like it.

Guest The Claw
12 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

That kid on the Radio tonight claiming 90% of Owls fans wanted Paul Cook....wtf! Where do these people come from?

he probably read about the lady of the night saga with his son and the little bit on where he helped Leicester get hirst for next ta nowt 

Just now, apswfcowl said:

Where has Big Sam failed?

As for Pulis, I think he was the opposite to a charlatan  - we knew exactly what he was like and DC didn't like it.

He hasn't yet, but will do with West Brom. He has kept teams up - Sunderland and West Ham, but struggled at others, with 'style' of football being questioned.

Pulis lied to DC and the fans about his assessment of the players. He either did no due diligence and lied, or did and he was rubbish at it. He then told DC the players were rubbish, and we then go on an unbeaten run after he's sacked.

6 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

He's dogger. The clamour for him sums up our fanbase perfectly. Clueless, stuck in the past and probably still quietly seething that we have a new badge.

Brilliant. I would dispute pretty much all of that. There are many good reasons for wanting Pearson who is a proven coach at Championship level.

But to describe the whole fan base as ‘Clueless, stuck in the past’ etc.

Are you from the ‘every single person on earth is an arsehole apart from me’ school of thought?

I never lower myself to insult people on the internet (or in real life) but this particular gem got me tempted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharrowowl said:

Yeah we need someone who can build a successful team. Not Pearson, look at that shower of shíte he left ranieri at Leicester. 

Of course the other perspective on that is that he very nearly relegated a team that 12 months later won the premier league by 10 points. 

• Like 4