Nigel Pearson (speaks)

11 hours ago, bolton9owl said:

Dutch - I once had the opportunity to speak with Nigel Pearson and although being an ex player and a decent Manager what he had to say about the passion he still has for SWFC makes me want him to guide us to better times but I question whether he could cope with the bad management and lack of football intelligence that our chairman constantly displays. Whilst I would love Pearson to be our Manager he would probably wreck his office and end up resigning well before the end of the season

Pearson is definitely for some time in the future but maybe not right now

Oh I agree. I know it wont happen under this Chairman because Pearson would in no uncertain terms tell him your wrong were doing it this way which wouldnt go down well. However, if the chairman was to just let him run the club his way he would IMO be a success.

Guest Therealrealist

Not for me..as soon as he realised he cudnt do owt he would do a Pulis...fall out with dc and engineer a pay off..one to avoid

13 hours ago, King_Monkey said:

Got told 72 hrs ago that Nigel Pearson would be happy to listen (important word) to DC and his advisers to see what they have to offer and say with regards to the position available at SWFC.

he’s just admitted on BT Sport that he is ready to manage again, the club and its position isn’t important providing that the opportunity was right at this or the time it was offered.

to me, that’s a message that’s he sat waiting for a phone call. 

No brainer, learn your lesson, go and get him DC and ket him manage without interference from above.

He's exactly what this club needs, a no nonsense winner just like Charlton and Wilkinson who picked this club up by the scruff of it's neck and put us firmly back on it's feet. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Brilliant. I would dispute pretty much all of that. There are many good reasons for wanting Pearson who is a proven coach at Championship level.

But to describe the whole fan base as ‘Clueless, stuck in the past’ etc.

Are you from the ‘every single person on earth is an arsehole apart from me’ school of thought?

I never lower myself to insult people on the internet (or in real life) but this particular gem got me tempted!

Not EVERY single person...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, swinners said:

Pearson is a leader.  Just what we need.  Maybe DC would change his ways, which is exactly what we want and need.  How many times have we said he needs to listen, not to have a yes man and needs to be advised.   This could be a gift horse!!!

Pulis is a leader...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

No brainer, learn your lesson, go and get him DC and ket him manage without interference from above.

He's exactly what this club needs, a no nonsense winner just like Charlton and Wilkinson who picked this club up by the scruff of it's neck and put us firmly back on it's feet. 

Like he did at Derby, or the Belgium club?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

This 

he lasted 5 months at Watford before being sacked as they were 2 games from relegation .

lasted about the same at derby where he was a disaster

Sacked by a second division Belgium club as they plunged downwards.

He is trading on admittedly strong work in two spells at Leicester. 

I am no fan of Paul cook but I would certainly have him over Nigel pearson.

Seconded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Animis said:

He hasn't yet, but will do with West Brom. He has kept teams up - Sunderland and West Ham, but struggled at others, with 'style' of football being questioned.

Pulis lied to DC and the fans about his assessment of the players. He either did no due diligence and lied, or did and he was rubbish at it. He then told DC the players were rubbish, and we then go on an unbeaten run after he's sacked.

If Big Sam's job has been to keep teams up then he is yet to fail. Other than Bolton that is about all he has done and he may well fail at WBA?

As for Pulis, it is all hearsay. None of us know what was really said and there was probably fault on both sides.

- 32.1% win rate for NP once you’ve removed his caretaker roles where he managed just a couple of games. But obviously he’s managed in higher leagues. 

- 43.1% for PC. 

Big Nige would certainly have some good connections, knows about the pressures that come with the club as well as knowing our club well. Experienced in relegation battles too. 

That said I think PC has lots to offer the club and can make the step up. Plays attractive football, good charisma and knows the Championship. 

I just remind myself of what we’ve had in Jos, Monk and Pulis in which as a fan base we should be very happy with either of these! 

1 hour ago, swinners said:

Pearson is a leader.  Just what we need.  Maybe DC would change his ways, which is exactly what we want and need.  How many times have we said he needs to listen, not to have a yes man and needs to be advised.   This could be a gift horse!!!

Its simply this. Leadership at both operations level which Pearson will provide, but also as ownership level. Which DC is extremely inconsistent at. The good decision to sack Pulis just a few weeks after the shocker to appoint him.

I was only 7 when Pearson lifted the trophy, wasn't even into football then (the last few years I wished I had continued that habit)

I do wonder how many who are looking at his appointment are thinking with sepia tinged blue hearts rather than heads.

There is nothing really in the last few years that tells me he would fit as things stand with the club and keep us safe without throwing a tantrum or leaving within a matter of months.

We need stability as a football club, Pearson for me does not embody this.

• Like 1

Pearson record without Shakespeare as his assistant is a disaster.

Shakespeare is unavailable working as assistant with Smith at Villa.

Wrong time for him and relationship with DC would be very challenging to both.

• Like 1