Nigel Pearson (speaks)

4 hours ago, 109Waddle said:

Yep, I’m thinking the same. The Paul cook link from Friday has materialised into nothing. Same as when the Cowly’s were linked prior to monk getting the gig. It’s going to be an unheard of, unproven yes man from abroad.

The oversea's managers are used to working as a coach with all the decisions made by their chairman, but that doesn't always work out as a bad thing, Carlos being an example for us.

Thing is, there is always five  Jos Luhukay's for every one Carlos.

There are four names that look a decent option for DC to take IMO, René Weiler (Young Coach but experiened  with a great win %) , Domenec Torrent (A couple of blips on his record but has also been at some big clubs as a coach and also has a good win %),  Bruno Lage (Our old coach under CC, inexperienced but managed Benfica so no fear of a big club and did well with them) and Bruno Baltazar who was Lamouchi's assistant at Forest and is pretty well regarded.

Let's hope we find another CC and not a JL !

Edited by Paddyowl

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, Minton said:

Pearson is absolutely batshit crazy and a bit of a bellend. Great player for us, but no thanks when it comes to being our manager.

Correctamondo..and I’ve always though5 that he thinks he’s bigger than us..now beggars can’t be choosers he starts dropping hints...not for me..and that Belgian scam with his drinking buddy leaves a bad taste...legend my arse:duntmatter:

Guest Therealrealist
3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

To not even speak to him would be ridiculous. 
We’d be lucky if he even considered coming given the situation. 

Give over

I’d actually go for Cook over Pearson.  A bit too much baggage with Pearson and when things go wrong it could tarnish his status with our club. 

Would feel more comfortable posting negative comments after a game towards a manager I have no affiliation with.  

8 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Of course the other perspective on that is that he very nearly relegated a team that 12 months later won the premier league by 10 points. 

And the other perspective on that is he won 6 of his last 8 games. Finishing 6 points clear of relegation. Better form than under ranieri. And then was sacked because of his son. 

You've got high standards for a manager for our lowly club. 

9 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Of course the other perspective on that is that he very nearly relegated a team that 12 months later won the premier league by 10 points. 

And yet another perspective would be, if Pearson gets no credit for handing a title winning form team to Ranieri on a plate, it must be Ranieris genius, but why has Ranieri failed at every club he's had since then? 

4 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

And yet another perspective would be, if Pearson gets no credit for handing a title winning form team to Ranieri on a plate, it must be Ranieris genius, but why has Ranieri failed at every club he's had since then? 

Doing OK at sampdoria for time being mind you

1 minute ago, ozzieowl said:

Really can’t see NP getting along with DC for long. 
NP supposed to be bit mardy n arrogant behind the scenes. 

Just hope DC gets this one right n quick. 

Mardy and arrogant could be  qualities assigned to many successful managers. 

If the manager was successful would Chansiri be likely to have a problem? 

13 hours ago, Hitcat said:

He's dogger. The clamour for him sums up our fanbase perfectly. Clueless, stuck in the past and probably still quietly seething that we have a new badge.

i admire the restraint of anyone quietly seething about the badge

• Haha 2