Nigel Pearson (speaks)

34 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Pearson is and always has been my number 1 choice to manage us.

Dutch - I once had the opportunity to speak with Nigel Pearson and although being an ex player and a decent Manager what he had to say about the passion he still has for SWFC makes me want him to guide us to better times but I question whether he could cope with the bad management and lack of football intelligence that our chairman constantly displays. Whilst I would love Pearson to be our Manager he would probably wreck his office and end up resigning well before the end of the season

Pearson is definitely for some time in the future but maybe not right now

• Like 1

Well he cant do any worse than Wilson as an ex player and manager, better than megson and di canio and actually built the team for ranieri to go and win the premiership, anyway all that aside, I go with cook too, dc and him will never work, cook all day long for me, I prefer to remember him as a great captain of our great team in the 90s 

Would've loved him as manager til he played a part in shafting us over George Hirst. I know some people can overlook that and are only concerned that he can do a good job but to me, you don't employ someone who has treated you like that 

1 hour ago, 2hoots said:

I may be wrong but IMHO Chansiri wouldn’t have him anywhere near the club. Chansiri will be fully aware of the integral part that Pearson played in the George Hirst saga, an event that cost the club (owned by Chansiri) many hundreds of thousands of pounds.

As an Owl I agree to a certain extent but at least he did what was the correct thing  for his employers at the time as they are the ones who were paying him, just saying!

Genuinely amazes me how many people say no to NP because he apparently can’t work with DC because they’ll fall out???

That’s what an interview is for, and Pearson would be the one to judge whether he thought he could work with him or not

Lets be honest, working for a Watford owner is hardly easy

4 hours ago, King_Monkey said:

Got told 72 hrs ago that Nigel Pearson would be happy to listen (important word) to DC and his advisers to see what they have to offer and say with regards to the position available at SWFC.

he’s just admitted on BT Sport that he is ready to manage again, the club and its position isn’t important providing that the opportunity was right at this or the time it was offered.

to me, that’s a message that’s he sat waiting for a phone call. 

Absolute stand out candidate, he is destined to manage us one day and why can't that day be today.

He should be our top priority and be allowed to build the team for promotion.

• Like 1

Not sure Pearson could hack it without his assistant Craig Shakespeare who recently joined Aston Villa's backroom team. Any success Pearson has had is with him. Let's not forget his stint at Derby with Chris Powell assisting him was a disaster.

Having said that, I'd still have him in a heartbeat.

8 hours ago, toppOwl said:

I want my memories of Nigel Pearson to be of him lifting the League Cup at Wembley with Asda on the front of his shirt not listening to a Zoom call from DC telling us how he wouldn't listen.

His status in that regard as a legend is already secured. I can't see it being tarnished by having a pop at managing us especially as we all know what a basket case club we support.

Why can't we try and reconnect the fans back with the club by a romantic appointment? We've tried pretty much everything else and messed it up.

• Like 1

Pearson trumps Cook every time. I’ll say it again, some of you are clueless when it comes to football.

Football Manager and real world football are two different things entirely.

Pearson has access to top class footballers, football clubs, agents, managers, and other staff in the game. He’s worked at a higher level. Cook knows his way around the lower reaches.

Are you happy just surviving or do you still believe we should be doing better than that, and can, with the right man, with the right contacts, and the right footballing philosophy and passion for the club in place? Nigel Pearson was a winner as a player, a leader as a player, the boss man as a player. He is still a winner and a leader.

It’s a no brainer for me. Pearson every time. Or Ollie as back up. Not averse to Cook if it happens though, if only because less people will go ballistic over his appointment.

Pearson gets my seal of approval. I’ve now moved on from Cook who was best of a bad bunch at the time.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

So three diff individuals within football told you this. Who exactly?

Its unlikely he’s going to let that out don’t you think?

When you’ve been on here long enough you know who to believe and who to take with a pinch of salt and please don’t let this be like a Nixon story if Pearson doesn’t end up with the job. Just because some moves don’t come off it doesn’t mean the information wasn’t true in the first place 

9 hours ago, Stripes or die said:

That kid on the Radio tonight claiming 90% of Owls fans wanted Paul Cook....wtf! Where do these people come from?

This.

I only heard one caller on Praise and grumble and it was the said caller mentioned. I actually was thinking how does he actually know that.

3 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Id take Pearson so when he fails and gets the sack we don't have to have these threads ever again about him everytime the job comes up 

You want Pearson to join and fail?

Brilliant.

Onwards and upwards.

On our way, on our way.

• Like 1