Nigel Pearson (speaks)

16 hours ago, Hitcat said:

He's dogger. The clamour for him sums up our fanbase perfectly. Clueless, stuck in the past and probably still quietly seething that we have a new badge.

Have you perused the league table at all in the last 12 months or so? 

Noticed our bats**t crazy chairman's comments and actions?

Watched any games?

Seen that we have Pelupussy in centre midfield?

We would be fortunate to get Pearson. I am not saying he is a certainty to do well but we could do much, much worse

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Minton said:

Pearson is absolutely batshit crazy and a bit of a bellend. Great player for us, but no thanks when it comes to being our manager.

I wouldn't have put it quite so strongly (in case I bump into him one day....) but this is the problem for me. I think he's a bit of a loose cannon and have no confidence he could work well with those both above and below him (especially without Shakespeare). I also question his commitment. Having done well for himself on the merry-go round I'm not sure he still has the fire to make this the job that will be his legacy. 

I'm more confident that Cook will see this is a first opportunity to prove himself at a big club and will still have the ambition to really make it somewhere. His knowledge of the lower leagues (where we need to shop) will be far better than Pearson's and, remember, he's been a success at EVERY club (unlike Pearson who's been hit and miss). But key for me is that a manager has to manage people and Cook is the one with the passion and integrity to do that more successfully than Pearson.

9 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Have you perused the league table at all in the last 12 months or so? 

Noticed our bats**t crazy chairman's comments and actions?

Watched any games?

Seen that we have Pelupussy in centre midfield?

We would be fortunate to get Pearson. I am not saying he is a certainty to do well but we could do much, much worse

I have to all those things you mentioned and in conclusion, Pearson is not the man. 

On 10/01/2021 at 10:08, poite said:

If chansiri wanted to turn the tables a bit following the latest disaster of a press conference where he alienated 90% of the fanbase bringing Pearson in would be a good first step

Funny that because my mates and their kids (season ticket holders) said there was nothing wrong with his press conference and were certainly not alienated.Thats 100% of them.Trumps ( if you will excuse this word) your 90%.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Funny that because my mates and their kids (season ticket holders) said there was nothing wrong with his press conference and were certainly not alienated.Thats 100% of them.Trumps ( if you will excuse this word) your 90%.

Oooh this isn't going to go down well with Owlstalk Groupthink. 

5 hours ago, pioowl said:

I spoke to a mate and his kids (all season ticket holders - not sure the relevance of this) and they said his press conference completely alienated them. That's 100% of them. 

Think that evens things out. Cheers 

13 hours ago, poite said:

I spoke to a mate and his kids (all season ticket holders - not sure the relevance of this) and they said his press conference completely alienated them. That's 100% of them. 

Think that evens things out. Cheers 

Unfortunately there are far too many so called supporters  who are alienated by his just being there,like there are many of our players are unfairly criticised by certain fans but never praised when they play well.Its the way it is and will never change,ive even seen posts on here saying hes the worst chairman weve ever had which anyone with a brain or  knowledge of our history know is totally untrue.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Unfortunately there are far too many so called supporters  who are alienated by his just being there,like there are many of our players are unfairly criticised by certain fans but never praised when they play well.Its the way it is and will never change,ive even seen posts on here saying hes the worst chairman weve ever had which anyone with a brain or  knowledge of our history know is totally untrue.

Yay! That’s me and you then!

4 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Name me any other of our chairmen who led us into transfer embargoes 

Or points deduction or who sold our ground ?

• Like 1

But going back to Big Nigel..

He is an amalgam of views, being both batsh*t crazy but actually quite good at managing football teams. He will of course get on with that nice Mr Chansiri ( whose team of course have now won four in five with one draw but nobody has mentioned that yet - except me obviously) providing they keep winning and stay in the Championship before our all out assault on promotion and back door qualification for Europe via the FACup after we dump Spurs.

Call me a happy clapper but this is nailed on.

But I’d rather have Cook or Ivic and just remember Nigel imperiously lifting the Cup from Tracey, Rumbelows’ employee of the year. I thought she was great!

Pearson falls under the same bracket as Megson, Bruce and Pulis.

He'd fall out with DC in no time and probably get the boot

You'd hope a legend like him doesn't tarnish his name coming here like some have in the past (Wilson - although not all his doing)

Cook's a bit more of a yes man that can polish turds ..

2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Name me any other of our chairmen who led us into transfer embargoes 

Or points deduction or who sold our ground ?

For the vast majority of our existence there were no such things as transfer embargos or point deductions and although he sold the ground he also bought it .Agreed?

• Like 1