The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Wing Luongo Bannan

Shodipo Gregory Johnson

That team would absolutely beat our best 11 last season. Far better balance, an actual left back, a goal scoring threat in midfield, pace on the wings and a focal point up top.

Well done Darren Moore. Not trying to get ahead of myself but I feel so much more confident than I did a few weeks ago.

I’m impressed at how quickly it’s come together.

I’ve been expecting a relegation battle for most of this summer, and I stand by that for a long time such concern was justified. But we look to have added some nice quality and a lot more first team quality/experience since then.

Despite all the odds, Moore has actually addressed a few issues I’ve had with Wednesday teams for a few years - notably the wings/wide forward positions. We’ve very quickly gone from having zero depth whatsoever to being one of the better balanced teams we’ve had in a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

I’m impressed at how quickly it’s come together.

I’ve been expecting a relegation battle for most of this summer, and I stand by that for a long time such concern was justified. But we look to have added some nice quality and a lot more first team quality/experience since then.

Despite all the odds, Moore has actually addressed a few issues I’ve had with Wednesday teams for a few years - notably the wings/wide forward positions. We’ve very quickly gone from having zero depth whatsoever to being one of the better balanced teams we’ve had in a while.

My thoughts exactly.

Balance is the key word for me here. Something we’ve not really addressed for a good number of years. I’d say ever since 2016 actually. We’ve had some good individuals but not a very well balanced team with strength in all areas.

Moore is sorting that. And a couple more additions and I think in general we have a much healthier squad. 

Have to give Chansiri credit. It feels like for the first time he’s just letting the manager have full reign of transfers. Although we are in quite a unique position where we can attract the players at the top of end of League One who Championship clubs are not quite willing to take the risk on. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Att just followed Anthony Joshua. 

I know it seems unlikely, but he's training in Sheffield at EIS, I'd pay his tram fare to Hillsborough every Saturday 

#NewNumber9

Midfield enforcer?

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I think he’s trying to get the best deal he can before he signs

It’s been said that the owls players have followed Johnson on Twitter or whatever so that suggests he may have been at the training ground?  I doubt Corbeanu would have followed someone that we “might” sign and he’s never met 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

I think he’s trying to get the best deal he can before he signs

If he is seriously holding out for a better offer (from another club) we should be giving him a deadline of sign tomorrow or we move on. Other possible targets could be slipping away waiting for someone who doesn’t really want to be here.

6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

What I mean is the local journos were saying it was imminent and the last details to be done which could be he’s trying to get as much out of dc as he can before he signs with us

No problem if that’s the case but if he’s using signing with us as bait to get a championship deal we should be moving on.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

My thoughts exactly.

Balance is the key word for me here. Something we’ve not really addressed for a good number of years. I’d say ever since 2016 actually. We’ve had some good individuals but not a very well balanced team with strength in all areas.

Moore is sorting that. And a couple more additions and I think in general we have a much healthier squad. 

Have to give Chansiri credit. It feels like for the first time he’s just letting the manager have full reign of transfers. Although we are in quite a unique position where we can attract the players at the top of end of League One who Championship clubs are not quite willing to take the risk on. 

The imbalance goes back to before Chansiri took over. We have needed proper fullbacks a centre half, a proper strikerand two wingers for years. One good striker and maybe a centre back and DM will have signed us just short of a full team!

27 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

It’s been said that the owls players have followed Johnson on Twitter or whatever so that suggests he may have been at the training ground?  I doubt Corbeanu would have followed someone that we “might” sign and he’s never met 

Yep. Johnson did training on Monday with Corbeanu and Kamberi, while the other first-teamers who played on Sunday rested up.

• Thanks 1