The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

43 minutes ago, Watto said:

Well it was Sunday night that we were close to signing Johnson, so 3 days later and still not signed, something amiss or am I just impatient ? 

It does seem strange to take this long to sign a free agent. If he's been in and around the club, since reportedly having  had his medical last Thursday, fair to assume personal terms agreed before that process started?

Moore inferred players he expected to jump at the opportunity waiting to see what else on offer, interpreted as Sims, but maybe also applies to Johnson?

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

BPF

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown

Wing Luongo Bannan

Shodipo Gregory Johnson

That team would absolutely beat our best 11 last season. Far better balance, an actual left back, a goal scoring threat in midfield, pace on the wings and a focal point up top.

Well done Darren Moore. Not trying to get ahead of myself but I feel so much more confident than I did a few weeks ago.

And then a bench with the likes of Wildsmith, Dunkley, Palmer, Byers, Paterson, Windass, Adeniran, Green, Kamberi, all of whom have experience at a higher level.

Add in young lads like FDB, Corbeanu, possibly Adedoyin, Galvin, Waldock, Brennan and Hunt if they don’t go on loan, and you’ve got to say that squad on paper looks promising. I agree it looks better than last season’s, and it’s worth bearing in mind that we won enough points last season to stay up.

Well done Darren Moore but also well done DC — his many mistakes over the past few years are well-documented, but there are signs he’s learning from them. Credit where credit’s due, he’s backed his man this summer. Really enjoying the positivity coming out of the club at the moment and hope it continues when the season starts properly.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

And then a bench with the likes of Wildsmith, Dunkley, Palmer, Byers, Paterson, Windass, Adeniran, Green, Kamberi, all of whom have experience at a higher level.

Add in young lads like FDB, Corbeanu, possibly Adedoyin, Galvin, Waldock, Brennan and Hunt if they don’t go on loan, and you’ve got to say that squad on paper looks promising. I agree it looks better than last season’s, and it’s worth bearing in mind that we won enough points last season to stay up.

Well done Darren Moore but also well done DC — his many mistakes over the past few years are well-documented, but there are signs he’s learning from them. Credit where credit’s due, he’s backed his man this summer. Really enjoying the positivity coming out of the club at the moment and hope it continues when the season starts properly.

There's no well done Chansiri from me he got us into this sh.it and until he gets us back into the championship he doesn't deserve any credit at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

It does seem strange to take this long to sign a free agent. If he's been in and around the club, since reportedly having  had his medical last Thursday, fair to assume personal terms agreed before that process started?

Moore inferred players he expected to jump at the opportunity waiting to see what else on offer, interpreted as Sims, but maybe also applies to Johnson?

Could it be that Johnson's medical didn't go as well as we'd hoped?

The same might apply to Sims, I heard he'd failed a medical at Portsmouth and that's why he's still without a club.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

Could it be that Johnson's medical didn't go as well as we'd hoped?

The same might apply to Sims, I heard he'd failed a medical at Portsmouth and that's why he's still without a club.

Medical was sorted late last week, unfortunately these things aren’t always straight forward. If there was an issue I am sure the local media would have heard by now.

2 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Medical was sorted late last week, unfortunately these things aren’t always straight forward. If there was an issue I am sure the local media would have heard by now.

If he’s trained yesterday and today very strange why not announced ? Unless double one tomorrow? But could have done double yesterday? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes not a well done from me. Just giving a bit of credit for letting Moore do his job. But that’s it. 

Maybe saying well done to the wrong person. I've said it before, I don't think DC is running (and possibly even financing) the club anymore, hence the change in allowing DM to get on with things. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Maybe saying well done to the wrong person. I've said it before, I don't think DC is running (and possibly even financing) the club anymore, hence the change in allowing DM to get on with things. 

Heard the same rumour…….a billionaire Arab is looking to freshen things up at Wednesday…. His name ….SHEIKH ANVAC …!!!!!!!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Watto said:

There's no well done Chansiri from me he got us into this sh.it and until he gets us back into the championship he doesn't deserve any credit at all.

100%, we got relegated because of him. Still blows my mind we actually managed enough points to stop up last season because we were as woeful on the pitch as DC was off it.

IMO he deserves some credit for (seemingly) learning from the error of his ways this summer though. There’s still a long way to go before he can fully atone for how badly he’s fùcked the club up over the past few years, but I believe in recognising the things people have done right as well as what they’ve done wrong, and I think we’ve done some very smart business this summer with more still to come supposedly.

Like I say, a long way to go, but hopefully the penny’s dropped with him now and we’re on the right path.

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, beswetherick said:

All good points except no way will Windass be a benchwarmer 

8 hours ago, Watto said:

100% you do not get a pat on the back for doing the absolute fundamentals. We’ve gone backwards for several years, that is not reversed by free transfers in the division below where you inherited us.

That said, I feel genuine sense that something has shifted within the club and people with knowledge and understanding are at last being allowed to make decisions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Then who is you tease?

There certainly seems to be a sea change taking place at the club. Has Chansiri seen the error of his ways, or is there a new man pulling the strings?

Only at S6!