The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

10 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

You don't have to move them on.

But you aren't allowed to sign anyone else until you have reduced your squad back within the required numbers.

Same logic still applies. where else would you be allowed to even consider the age of a prospective employee?

12 minutes ago, Triple O said:

This maximum 22 players 21 or over is madness. And reduces to 20 next season.

So, for instance, we could have 22 players over 21 and come next season any players who are 20 would join them. What happens to the ones you aren't allowed to keep. Do they have to be moved on.

What other profession would be able to get away with sacking people on an age related basis?

Or have I completely misunderstood this rule?

We are allowed 22 this season because it's our first season after relegation.

We're have quite a few loans making up the numbers this season. Next season we probably won't be able to loan as many.

I'm not sure how many out of contract players we will lose next season.

I think the PFA were opposing the squad size limits, don't know if they got anywhere with it.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

We are allowed 22 this season because it's our first season after relegation.

We're have quite a few loans making up the numbers this season. Next season we probably won't be able to loan as many.

I'm not sure how many out of contract players we will lose next season.

I think the PFA were opposing the squad size limits, don't know if they got anywhere with it.

My point was purely hypothetical about age restrictions.

10 minutes ago, malek said:

22 players to play 46 league games and complete in 3 cup competitions while likes of Chelsea are alowed to send more than 40 players out on loan... Madness. 

Agreed. Plus we have to play many league game players in the papawanks trophy when prem teams just send their youth along. Proper embarrasing. Hope we lose every game in that crap competition by forfeiting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Big question now is who gets sold to balance the books. With Windass injured and Iorfa on the way back, it’s got to be Bannan. 

I would hope it would be Paterson, as I'd like to see a move away from having utility players. Plus I think we could probably get a decent amount for him.

1 minute ago, 0742 said:

I would hope it would be Paterson, as I'd like to see a move away from having utility players. Plus I think we could probably get a decent amount for him.

He’s doesn’t fit in to Moore’s way of playing either.

2 minutes ago, Jamie said:

Johnson Sims and a number 9 and we are sorted.

Do we really need Johnson and Sims ?  Bit overloaded in my opinion if we do