The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I think Gregory would be a free transfer 

I'd probably take a free transfer for Gregory than a loan for Cosgrove due to already having 5 loans who will all be in the matchday 18 most weeks, Someone would have to miss out.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

We were linked early in the window weren't we? Makes sense with stoke signing a couple of new forwards

Yeah we were liked early on. Looks like we'll have competition for places up front by the time season gets underway, always a good thing. 

I know Gregory may not be the young fast striker we all crave but with our budget and with the blend of the rest of the team I think his experience, height and goals could be valuable. He was a late developer and has played in the Champ a long time now and done a fairly consistent job at all clubs he's been at. I'd like to think someone like him could come in and benefit from the midfield we seem to have built up. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Lee Gregory announced this week, contract signed. Nailed on. 

Didn’t YesWeCrann (spelling), the bloke that writes for the star say that he was still under contract? If so, I imagine he will be on massive wages. And can’t see that getting settled. 

I would take him here though 

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Didn’t YesWeCrann (spelling), the bloke that writes for the star say that he was still under contract? If so, I imagine he will be on massive wages. And can’t see that getting settled. 

Completely out of favour at Stoke. Think they’ll just want to get him off the books really. 

4 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

I don't know his contract situation. My pal is solid though. I'd say its happening. A decent addition if not earth shattering. 

Don’t think we need anyone who is particularly fast? Just someone who has the know how to hold the ball up and bring all the pacey players into the game? If he can score a few that’s a real bonus? Think Gregory fits the bill? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mick70 said:

Don’t think we need anyone who is particularly fast? Just someone who has the know how to hold the ball up and bring all the pacey players into the game? If he can score a few that’s a real bonus? Think Gregory fits the bill? 

I remember Gregory at hillsborough a few years ago absolutely bullying Tom Lees. 

2 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Yep. I think the idea is you put the pace around them.

3 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

I’ve been saying for months that Gregory would be ideal for this league. Only sticking point is he’s a huge blade.