The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

12 minutes ago, flash said:

What’s your knowledge on him? Prefer Kamberi? 

I heard a few weeks ago whispers of us being very keen on him however he’s been injured during pre-season so this has stalled our interest.

Also saw at the weekend Paul Warne saying they’ve missed out on a striker to their local rivals and that Alan Nixon said them/us were looking at him. Might be a 2+2=5…

Not trying to be negative just giving an opinion, and if Cosgrove does sign then I hope he will be successful. If he signed and starts off like  he did at Pittodrie then he could be great for us for a season loan. He might do a job in League 1.

Kamberi is more of a footballer despite being a big guy, he’s got a good touch and ability, whereas Cosgrove is a big unit. They’re different types of player really. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

oh if that’s case maybe not too bad then 

So 38 we’re not  pens ?

38 goals of which about 30% were pens across all competitions 

After watching Patterson lumber about on Sunday I’m sure Cosgrove wouldn’t perform any worse

We cannot rely on Patterson to play up front this season. He is not a centre forward 

• Like 2

I don’t love Paterson, but he’s getting a hell of a lot of blame for the fact the 2 players either side of him supplied him with absolutely nothing when they got on the ball and no support when he had it. 

The game on Sunday made me want wingers as much as centre forwards.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes Moore is putting together a very decent team for this season, however if we do go up we will lose a lot of quality from loan players that won’t be easy to replace. 

If we do go up, we'll need to recruit and replace some players with Championship quality ones anyway.

I think the priority is just to get out of this division this season. I think Moore knows this and is bringing in quality players and build a squad to get us promoted.

If we don't get promoted at the first attempt, I think we could end up spending a few difficult seasons in League 1. For a start from next season we will have to reduce the squad size to 20 players over the age of 20.

23 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Not trying to be negative just giving an opinion, and if Cosgrove does sign then I hope he will be successful. If he signed and starts off like  he did at Pittodrie then he could be great for us for a season loan. He might do a job in League 1.

Kamberi is more of a footballer despite being a big guy, he’s got a good touch and ability, whereas Cosgrove is a big unit. They’re different types of player really. 

Appreciate your opinion. Saw your previous post on him - had picked up too having watched a few videos of his goals that a lot were penalties. 

Suppose we’ll trust DM/recruitment team if we do go for him considering on paper they’ve done excellent so far.

I do think we need that type of striker who can hold up the ball when forced to play direct at times. Hudds (as will other teams) were wise to press/pressure us playing out of defence and that caused us issues. Having that direct play as a plan B and ensuring the ball sticks up top I feel will be very important. They’ll also be some away grounds were it’ll be more difficult to play out of the back too. Not a criticism of Pato but he isn’t that type of player/better as a AM IMHO. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

yes Moore is putting together a very decent team for this season, however if we do go up we will lose a lot of quality from loan players that won’t be easy to replace. 

So easy to find negatives from a positive. Chill out, just take the ride.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Or we know what we’d need to push on in the Championship - we will be able to ‘buy’ again next year

36 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Byers & Johnson to be finalised today according to Mr Howson

We just seem to be buying lots of midfielders again. We need a striker with proven goals and we need cover at centre back when our only first team players are Iorfa, Dunkley, Hutch all with injuries issues in the last 18 months.

Byers seems a strange signing unless Bannan or Paterson are due to be leaving. 

Central midfield Bannan, Paterson, Wing, FDB, Adeniran, Hunt, how many do we need?