The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

Can’t see Bannan going now unless he wants to ? He probably feels partly responsible for us going down and wants to get us back up? Think what moore is doing is making sure we have a balanced squad to rotate especially in the winter months with heavy pitches? For me defo need a no9 ( unless the Albion kid is the answer) Byers Johnson sims bola cosgrove would do me but that’s greedy 

50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Assume Brennan will be looking for a loan as he hasn’t got a squad number. Surprising really that a lot of the young lads involved in pre-season haven’t been placed in the squad. Quite rightly to I think, they need loan spells and hopefully they get some sorted.

Hopefully Sims comes in. I don’t think Johnson will have dropped to League One if he was going to be played at left back. He’ll want to play further forward. I actually think we’re ok for strikers. Agreed on left sided centre half - I was impressed with that Bola and he fits the bill perfectly. Think he’d be decent back up. 

Brennan has got a squad number, he's #34.

1099143061_Screenshot_20210803-141752_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c3742201b3e1eec7114d7edb919eaa40.jpg

The final squad list won't have been settled on yet, it doesn't have to be submitted to the EFL until the day after the transfer window closes on 31st August.

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Forgot the rules but is the squad limit 21 players that are aged over 21 or something daft? Anyone under 21 doesn't count towards numbers? Someone will know.

It's 22 maximum for us 21 years old or over.

Next season if still in League one, it drops to 20.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

1099143061_Screenshot_20210803-141752_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c3742201b3e1eec7114d7edb919eaa40.jpg

The final squad list won't have been settled on yet, it doesn't have to be submitted to the EFL until the day after the transfer window closes on 31st August.

Oh strange. He wasn’t on the list the club posted on social media the other day

15 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

That's his number last season

This maximum 22 players 21 or over is madness. And reduces to 20 next season.

So, for instance, we could have 22 players over 21 and come next season any players who are 20 would join them. What happens to the ones you aren't allowed to keep. Do they have to be moved on.

What other profession would be able to get away with sacking people on an age related basis?

Or have I completely misunderstood this rule?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Triple O said:

So, for instance, we could have 22 players over 21 and come next season any players who are 20 would join them. What happens to the ones you aren't allowed to keep. Do they have to be moved on.

What other profession would be able to get away with sacking people on an age related basis?

So low isnt it. Especially as we now play a minimum of 51 games at this level. 

5 minutes ago, Triple O said:

You don't have to move them on.

But you aren't allowed to sign anyone else until you have reduced your squad back within the required numbers.