The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Pompey have completed the signing of 25-year-old defender Connor Ogilvie.

He has put pen to paper on a two-year-deal – with the club option of a further 12 months – after leaving Gillingham at the end of last season.

Great signing that,  wanted him

here 

1 minute ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Pompey have completed the signing of 25-year-old defender Connor Ogilvie.

He has put pen to paper on a two-year-deal – with the club option of a further 12 months – after leaving Gillingham at the end of last season.

Decent signing that. Wouldn’t have minded him at Wednesday.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Chat see green getting much of a chance if we sign Johnson and sims probably best I think he’s destined to become our boo boy ( just a hunch ) 

Green is one of those players you want to do really well but just doesn’t (obv early doors yet)

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Yep I agree Sadly though with how some people voice their opinions on social media I think he will get crucified by some of our fans and become the new villain 

Let's not single players out before the season even starts. It's not like Green cost anything. He scored a good goal in a preseason friendly. He gets into good positions, which is a start, but he needs to make better decisions inthe final third. Hopefully DM will make him a better player, if not we've plenty of options now. Let's be positive and supportive. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It looks like Moore is putting a team together that can not only do well this season but one to build on the momentum created if we do win promotion for next season.

Something just feels right at the club now. It feels even more positive than when Carlos was here (it could be that it's been so bad this past 4 years that anything would feel great)...I hope it translates into success.

24 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

It looks like Moore is putting a team together that can not only do well this season but one to build on the momentum created if we do win promotion for next season.

Something just feels right at the club now. It feels even more positive than when Carlos was here (it could be that it's been so bad this past 4 years that anything would feel great)...I hope it translates into success.

yes Moore is putting together a very decent team for this season, however if we do go up we will lose a lot of quality from loan players that won’t be easy to replace. 

7 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Very worrying the rumours about Cosgrove again. Hope it’s just paper talk

I don’t know anything about this lad. But I’m sure you do given he played for Aberdeen. Take it you don’t rate him?

Must admit, I would be looking at someone with a bit of pace and movement up top as the Wolves lad looks like he will be playing out wide. 

17 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

He's available on loan and we were after him in January, feels like a bit of a guess from the papers when they know we need a centre forward.

9 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Let's not single players out before the season even starts. It's not like Green cost anything. He scored a good goal in a preseason friendly. He gets into good positions, which is a start, but he needs to make better decisions inthe final third. Hopefully DM will make him a better player, if not we've plenty of options now. Let's be positive and supportive. 

Are you broken? I never singled him out on a fans forum btw open to debate I merely suggested how I think some of our fans abs posters will react to him this season as they have no patients and are quick to critique 

I stand by that too. Some on here think that every single player should be World Cup winners under 30 and never had an injury 

oh and if you okay up front you must have a score ratio of 2 in 1 

20 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I don’t know anything about this lad. But I’m sure you do given he played for Aberdeen. Take it you don’t rate him?

Must admit, I would be looking at someone with a bit of pace and movement up top as the Wolves lad looks like he will be playing out wide. 

I posted feedback from one of my best mates who is an Aberdeen ST holder a wee while ago. He’s not the bitter type like some of the Hibbies posting about Kamberi. Will always give an honest assessment. 

First thing he said “A cart horse” lol 

He said Cosgrove’s goal tallies were vastly inflated by his penalty kicks, he started well with them and looked a real find, but he said he was pretty much dogshite towards the end of his spell there. I believe he scored one goal from open play for them in the calendar years 2020 to 2021.

I guess we need a battler in the box in this league but I don’t particularly rate him.

10 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

He's available on loan and we were after him in January, feels like a bit of a guess from the papers when they know we need a centre forward.

Maybe so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

What’s your knowledge on him? Prefer Kamberi? 

I heard a few weeks ago whispers of us being very keen on him however he’s been injured during pre-season so this has stalled our interest.

Also saw at the weekend Paul Warne saying they’ve missed out on a striker to their local rivals and that Alan Nixon said them/us were looking at him. Might be a 2+2=5…

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I posted feedback from one of my best mates who is an Aberdeen ST holder a wee while ago. He’s not the bitter type like some of the Hibbies posting about Kamberi. Will always give an honest assessment. 

First thing he said “A cart horse” lol 

He said Cosgrove’s goal tallies were vastly inflated by his penalty kicks, he started well with them and looked a real find, but he said he was pretty much dogshite towards the end of his spell there. I believe he scored one goal from open play for them in the calendar years 2020 to 2021.

I guess we need a battler in the box in this league but I don’t particularly rate him.

Maybe so. 

Seems to be 30% of his goals are from pens

Still 38 goals in 2 seasons at Aberdeen 

We have also got to remember we are league 1 now so he may be good enough for this season

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Seems to be 30% of his goals are from pens

Still 38 goals in 2 seasons at Aberdeen 

We have also got to remember we are league 1 now so he may be good enough for this season

oh if that’s case maybe not too bad then 

So 38 we’re not  pens ?

I don't know enough about Cosgrove to make a judgement, have to trust the judgement of our recruitment team and Moore, given he was linked before, they must rate him. 

My concern remains fitting in 6 loans, I just don't see how it works.

As for attributes, we've just signed pace a plenty up front, particularly wide areas, maybe what we are lacking is a big lump, for plan B. Also, having another penalty taker may not be such a bad thing after Sunday 😀