2 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I hope Rhodes goes and does very well.

Still think he needs the the right striking partner and lots of balls into the box.

Oh and lots of games to bring his confidence back.

- I’ve never believed all this he’s finished talk.

We bought a broken striker, our problem is we haven’t had the time or patience to fix him.

If he’d joined a club where he was the number one striker, I think he would have been back scoring now.

He 's had loads of chances, he ambles round like he's looking for somewhere to have a picnic. 

If we can recoup money over and above his contract we'd have to pay up, then it's a no brainer, despite him being the only proper forward at the club, that we never play anyway.

We've  been a graveyard for centre forwards for years, maybe says more about the way we play rather than the players perhaps.

• Like 1

We need to give him a new contract because he will come good soon, just need to persevere with the lad , I know he runs like he is pulling a caravan and misses every header but as soon as we get a manager that knows what he is doing we will see the best of Jordo 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

We need to give him a new contract because he will come good soon, just need to persevere with the lad , I know he runs like he is pulling a caravan and misses every header but as soon as we get a manager that knows what he is doing we will see the best of Jordo 

I’m not sure he would sign a new contract

9 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Yes but with Rhodes' wages off the books we could sign at least one other player maybe two.

It’s inevitable he’s leaving, and we MUST use those wages to sign proper strikers.

24 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But would save a £1 million which would partially fund Cosgrove who would rescue us this season and be worth £10 million soon.

We must find next Tomey or Watkins when cheap. Have to also trade outta this mess.

I'd rather take a punt on Lawrence Shankland tbh. Scored tonnes of goals the last few seasons. 

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What ruined Rhodes was his stint at bonny 'Boro.

In what way?

Here’s his Championship matches at Boro:-

He played 16 out of their 17 matches.

Started 11 of their 14 games of their successful run-in which gained promotion.

He scored 6 in 1161 minutes - a goal every 193 minutes.

Here’s his contribution to their promotion climax. 

How did Boro ruin him?

ACC3BBDC-2735-4091-85A4-1C6ED89253FD.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think some are looking at this the wrong way around. I’d be very happy to give quite a few of our players to a relegation rival. 

That was my thought - there's a fair bit bit of cognitive dissonance between "he's finished - he'll never score again" and "sell him to a rival - are you crazy?". You can have one or the other but keeping to both at once takes a fair bit of mental juggling.

The nuanced middle way is that he could score buckets of goals for anyone but the Wednesday...

57 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Being in and out of the team really hasn’t helped him. Was the same with Joao who was never a consistent started. Now look at him.

He's played 1 in 6 games, hardly consistent. 

6 minutes ago, SWFCLee said:

We signed Rhodes based on his record before his equally disastrous showing for Middlesbrough. The decline started before we took him. 

“disastrous showing for Middlesbrough”???

3 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

Well so far he’s confirmed it’s definitely a foreign manager next or Paul Cook maybe.

There’s money available but there’ll be no signing due to lack of funds.

Players will leave but it will be hard to move them so they’ll probably stay.

Chansiri has no intention of selling the club but would move aside if the offer was big enough.

Not sure what the Sun will say but I’d expect all eventualities covered.

Finger on the pulse then.