8 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

He's scored more championship goals than anyone else who has ever lived.

That's despite doing very little on the goals front for 4 years.

If you can get him for the right price some managers may think they've got more chance of coaching him to score than an unproven younger player.

Something somewhere snapped in his head, the football version of the yips or something. I don't know, but if Tiger Woods can rebuild his swing or Eric Bristow can come back to be world number one after getting to the point where he couldn't persuade his hand to let go of a dart then maybe there's coaches out there that think they can find a system or trick to get Jordan Rhodes scoring again.

He genuinely seems like a great bloke and as much as we've wasted on him over the years, he only took the money we offered him so good luck to him if he moves on I guess. Just hope he waits until a point where we're not competing with QPR for survival before he finds form

I have no doubts about the bloke apart from the present situation in that he can't hit a barn for (or even a football goal) from ten paces.  He was bought to score goals and he has failed to do that, even in the absence of goals his overall contribution is lacking and no one is surprised that manager after manager have kept him on the bench.

If a coach or manager think they have a trick up their sleeve to help him then they are welcome to try and good luck to them.   

Personally I think he found some long forgotten football boots of a famous old forward and they helped him to score goals but he's gone and lost them and with it the belief in himself.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I wouldn’t be doing any business with QPR (even offloading Rhodes).

Along with Wycombe and Rovrum they’re the ones we need to get above.

Understand where you are coming from and in an ideal scenario I’d agree but we aren’t in a position where we can be choosy who we do our business with. Think we are just going to have to back ourselves to out recruit the other teams around us. Getting Rhodes off the books will surely give us some leeway to bring in what we need.

13 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I wouldn’t be doing any business with QPR (even offloading Rhodes).

Along with Wycombe and Rovrum they’re the ones we need to get above.

If we were talking about one of our average players I'd agree. But this is Rhodes.

(But just in case any QPR fans are reading this - he's bløødy brilliant - just watch the Forest game from last year on YouTube).

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Someone should compile a list of all of the "Most Wednesday" scenarios currently gathering like storm clouds on our horizon.

I'll file this one with the re-signing of Hutch who immediately picks up a long term injury.......

Saturday 10th April. Up steps Jordan Rhodes for QPR to score the penalty which could relegate Sheffield Wednesday.

• Haha 1

Currently playing for a team with the lowest expected goals per game in the division, and a long high ball team. He would have more chances at any other team.

Just like Joao was struggling here, we have no creativity in midfield and unless we modify the way we play we need a Fletcher type replacement or a sprinter who can finish. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Saturday 10th April. Up steps Jordan Rhodes for QPR to score the penalty which could relegate Sheffield Wednesday.

There'd be a lovely cyclical nature to it, wouldn't there?

The signing of Rhodes begins our inexorable descent towards the trapdoor...a dozen league goals and a brush with P&S later, Rhodes scores the goal which finally sends us down.

It's almost poetic, isn't it?

🙄

But can’t understand how it’s taken til he’s got 6 months left on his contract for the ‘advisors’ to realise that no manager here has given him a decent run of games , ultimately showing he’s never been trusted as a striker at the club. 

Feel sorry for the lad, and yet another example of bad decisions being made by chansiri and his crew.

1 hour ago, Mcguigan said:

Well so far he’s confirmed it’s definitely a foreign manager next or Paul Cook maybe.

There’s money available but there’ll be no signing due to lack of funds.

Players will leave but it will be hard to move them so they’ll probably stay.

Chansiri has no intention of selling the club but would move aside if the offer was big enough.

Not sure what the Sun will say but I’d expect all eventualities covered.

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, vulva said:

I think some are looking at this the wrong way around. I’d be very happy to give quite a few of our players to a relegation rival. 

But would save a £1 million which would partially fund Cosgrove who would rescue us this season and be worth £10 million soon.

We must find next Tomey or Watkins when cheap. Have to also trade outta this mess.

16 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Being in and out of the team really hasn’t helped him. Was the same with Joao who was never a consistent started. Now look at him.

Two different scenarios Rhodes has lost it its clear to see and all this rubbish about not playing to his strengths is equally rubbish the ball has been pinging around the goal area and Rhodes is no where to be seen.

Joao has it in him to score and Rhodes has lost that ability its just how it is.

I would have no qualms about selling him to QPR as he will just be as ineffectual there as he is here.

I hope Rhodes goes and does very well.

Still think he needs the the right striking partner and lots of balls into the box.

Oh and lots of games to bring his confidence back.

- I’ve never believed all this he’s finished talk.

We bought a broken striker, our problem is we haven’t had the time or patience to fix him.

If he’d joined a club where he was the number one striker, I think he would have been back scoring now.