THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Guest Hornsby
23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100% stuff like that happens all the time in football but no other chairman would come out and say stuff like that in public in case any potential sponsors would see/read it 

They also gotta pay comp. for definite.

Other route, maybe not.

One positive only from today's farce, that Chansiri will / says he will consider share sale to fans.

Wonder how much Erik paid. 

Edited by Hornsby

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I just think he says what’s on his mind with no filter. It’s just the way he is. 

Really needs to get a PR person to media train him, but I doubt he has any intention of doing that.

I remember at one of the fans forum someone saying how mortified Katrien Meire looked when DC was talking. 

She actually facepalmed.

19 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

The chairman gets a fair few descions wrong but getting pullis out of the club isn't one of them

This is the thing. I've never known a manager come in and have such a luke warm response from supporters, and have a large element of supporters oppose him from the off. DC gets rid of him, because he sees he's going to get fleeced again in the January transfer market and we're still not looking like creating chances on goal, and he's a still seen as a fool.

Yes DC is a fool for appointing him in the first place, but clearly Tone was covering his own back several weeks into this latest debacle. We even had his mate, Tony Mowbery having a dig at Adam Reach.

It's another sorry tale for Wednesday. Personally I think DC / Wednesday would be better off sticking with Bullen and Thompson. Bullen was getting results out of our players at the start of last season. It's probably the only management team DC can work with. We might even see academy players coming through.

As for these threats from DC asking to buy him out. Its got to the stage now where I'd rather see Wednesdayites set up AFC Wednesday in opposition to the vanity project that is SWFC. I think the threat of another Wednesday working it's way through none league could keep the club honest. In 20 years every penny that Wednesdayites have put into SWFC has gone into financing debt, and thats where we would be if we bought him out. There's nothing to buy, but a money pit.

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

100% stuff like that happens all the time in football but no other chairman would come out and say stuff like that in public in case any potential sponsors would see/read it 

We had a nine-figure sponsorship deal lined up until Chansiri's public negativity today scared them away.

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, akbuk said:

I agree and i believe the Chairman of course if it was untrue then Pulis could take legal action, don't hold your breath

My opinion slightly biased as I hate Pulis with a passion, so while what Chansiri said was unexpected, not out of character for Pulis. 

One of the few times I believe Chansiri and to his credit, having made a monumental mistake, did at least rectify that quickly. The fact that he's going to let his advisor keep choosing the next manager after that however is beyond belief. 

• Like 1

I don't know what anyone expected but this morning's car crash shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. 

It was essentially an exercise in score-settling re. Pulis, then DC took his biannual opportunity to ramble nonsensically and demonstrate just how utterly unfit he is to run the club.

We will never get anywhere under his ownership, he just hasn't got a clue. We will continue to flounder around and be exploited by any and all comers until the blessed day when he goes. I just wonder what league we'll be in and how many fans will have drifted away by the time he does.

• Like 3

This true supporter nonsense spouted by some so called wednesdayites is absolute rubbish. The chairman should be held to account and today's press conference is another one of many where he refuses to accept responsibility for his own mis management. Just because he threw a lot of money at it doesn't mean he's not accountable. Once again today we've had a clown show of epic proportion where the so called chairman has blamed the fans. You can spot it a mile off that Dejphon has no business acumen. He's dined out all his life on the back of the family business and thrown their money down the drain buying a football club without an ounce of knowledge of how to run it. I imagine Daddy's told him no more Bhat for you sunshine you've had enough. 

Football ownership is always a risky business. History would have told him that if he;'d done any due diligence. We've ended up like Blackburn did with the Venkys. With a clueless owner and no hope of improvement. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Fans wanted transparency... They got it... They no longer want transparency! 

Fans want to feel part of the club. Want to know what the strategy is. Want to see how we’re going to move forward.

These press conferences are just turning into DC going on the defensive and blaming others. It’s pointless.

I respect him hugely for speaking when his first language isn’t English - but it creates more divisions and problems than it causes. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fans want to feel part of the club. Want to know what the strategy is. Want to see how we’re going to move forward.

These press conferences are just turning into DC going on the defensive and blaming others. It’s pointless.

I respect him hugely for speaking when his first language isn’t English - but it creates more divisions and problems than it causes. 

You think successful clubs outline a strategy to all their fans? I’m telling you they don’t. They just win games of football 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FatRoySlim said:

This true supporter nonsense spouted by some so called wednesdayites is absolute rubbish. The chairman should be held to account and today's press conference is another one of many where he refuses to accept responsibility for his own mis management. Just because he threw a lot of money at it doesn't mean he's not accountable. Once again today we've had a clown show of epic proportion where the so called chairman has blamed the fans. You can spot it a mile off that Dejphon has no business acumen. He's dined out all his life on the back of the family business and thrown their money down the drain buying a football club without an ounce of knowledge of how to run it. I imagine Daddy's told him no more Bhat for you sunshine you've had enough. 

Football ownership is always a risky business. History would have told him that if he;'d done any due diligence. We've ended up like Blackburn did with the Venkys. With a clueless owner and no hope of improvement. 

He did accept responsibility for certain things

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BIG D said:

109A772E-9DAF-45BD-81F3-5A748C98551E.thumb.jpeg.bc6c2ed05bddd8f137f17787bc80e43c.jpeg

Pretty much every cliche in the book

I do wonder if these fans who donate their money to the club realise that Chansiri probably spends that much on a single bottle of wine 

Working class blokes donating money to a billionaire

Amazing logic

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop