THE CHANSIRI PRESS BRIEFING THREAD

Just now, FreshOwl said:

You think successful clubs outline a strategy to all their fans? I’m telling you they don’t. They just win games of football 

Successful clubs who get out of this division tend to have a plan on how they’re going to do it. See Leeds and Norwich. They communicate with their fanbase, engage with them and have a clear structure running throughout the club. Brentford are similar and will be in the Premier League soon. 

Clubs like Barnsley have a blueprint of how they want to play and recruit accordingly, and for their budget do a great job of staying in the division. 

We currently go from manager to manager with different methods and styles depending on what the owners flavour of the month is. We don’t have a DOF, we rely on agents for advice. We don’t have a CEO to engage and communicate clearly to improve fans relations. We just bundle from one disaster to another whether it be embargo’s, points deductions or not paying the players on time. 

Until we sort ourselves out as a club and get a proper structure in place we will continue to struggle on the pitch 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fans want to feel part of the club. Want to know what the strategy is. Want to see how we’re going to move forward.

These press conferences are just turning into DC going on the defensive and blaming others. It’s pointless.

I respect him hugely for speaking when his first language isn’t English - but it creates more divisions and problems than it causes. 

The problem is that there is no transparency in English football snd especially at our club. Was it Italy that made all player wages and transfer fees public, by law, after clubs were fiddling the figures?

If our club was doing well we would have only minor questions to ask, but right now there are lots of big questions that need answering and all we get is a chairman that would rather use his second language to spread blame around, than to admit that HE has made the catalogue of mistakes that got us into the various states of mess that our club has had to deal with in recent years and he is totally unrepentant and in total denial. Apart from COVID. That is obviously not down to him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty much every cliche in the book

I do wonder if these fans who donate their money to the club realise that Chansiri probably spends that much on a single bottle of wine 

Working class blokes donating money to a billionaire

Amazing logic

I thought that post was a joke!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Fans want to feel part of the club. Want to know what the strategy is. Want to see how we’re going to move forward.

These press conferences are just turning into DC going on the defensive and blaming others. It’s pointless.

I respect him hugely for speaking when his first language isn’t English - but it creates more divisions and problems than it causes. 

I agree they are completely pointless and he's basically setting himself up for more abuse!

58 minutes ago, BIG D said:

109A772E-9DAF-45BD-81F3-5A748C98551E.thumb.jpeg.bc6c2ed05bddd8f137f17787bc80e43c.jpeg

were people saying it at the time -  yes, and I wasn't alone 

posts like this, whether you wrote it or just copied it, are just in effect passive trufanism and part of the problem. Some fans are just blinded by money without seeing that the all in gambling could not, cannot, be sustained with present EFL rules  eventually it makes you homeless.

Irony - as I'm typing this  'On my way' is playing on the TV ffs 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Pretty much every cliche in the book

I do wonder if these fans who donate their money to the club realise that Chansiri probably spends that much on a single bottle of wine 

Working class blokes donating money to a billionaire

Amazing logic

It’s mind blowing

lol

1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

Fans wanted transparency... They got it... They no longer want transparency! 

'Transparency'.

:duntmatter:

We got nothing of the sort. We got an unhinged rant from a man who chose to ignore the bigger picture which is the total clusterf*ck of his management of our club for the past five years and how he possibly hopes to start redressing our slide into oblivion, and instead focussed his ire on Pulis, Monk, the EFL, and of course the Wednesday fanbase once again.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty mixed feelings about this morning.

On the plus side:

- He came out to face the music and did not try to cut it short

- Admitted he made a mistake to hire Pulis and, once it was clear Pulis was done, made a fast decision

- Seemed pretty honest and transparent, told it straight, did not try to give any politician's answers

- Wants the team to play attacking football and do well

On the negative side:

- He described Pulis as unprofessional but was way less professional himself, you simply don't reveal that much to broadcast media, you certainly don't read out private text messages from the former manager

- In doing the above, he'll put a lot of good managers off, that's really crossing the line in a working relationship

- The bit about fans being customers, not supporting the team by wanting their season ticket refund was way off, he needs better advice than to say things like that

Overall, he comes across as someone with good intentions but poor judgment and a bit of a childish temper.  It's terrible that his son has faced abuse from some mindless fans and I think this drove a lot of his decision to hold the conference and the tone he took.

However, there's nothing devious or mysterious there - I think that a really shrewd manager might conclude that this is what you're stepping into, good and bad, and ensure that clauses are put into his contract to protect him from this kind of shitshow ever reoccuring.  To be honest, most standard UK employment contracts would protect you from defamatory comments in the event of a termination, so it may be that Chansiri has a case to answer.

Chansiri needs better advice, mostly from a legal and PR perspective.  The fact that his lawyer is in Thailand is in itself worrying - he should appoint a UK legal counsel and PR firm to buffer him from things like today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

Fans wanted transparency... They got it... They no longer want transparency! 

You might think the sun shines out of Chansiri's backside. But not everybody has the same opinion.

That today was nothing more than his usual rant and how everyone else is to blame for his lack of responsibility, just because he's supppsedly thrown millions at it? Unfortunately the mentality he ,and his supporters, have is because he's the funder that he is immune from any criticism. People should be allowed to question any worries/queries they have without been shot down and made to feel like its the "put up or shut up" attitude. Is that how you treat people? 

Whether its lost in translation or what, the comments he has made during his tenure here especially regarding the fans such as "our money doesn't count for anything but we should be thankful for all this", is that really the sort of statement you make to people who you are trying to get on side? 

As I've said plenty of times the negatives outweigh the positives by a country mile. The man craves respect and does nothing to earn it. He has already placed the club on the life support machine, it'll only be a matter of time before he switches it off.

• Like 3

whilst this kid is in charge, money taps aside, we are not gonna progress

we need a plan

buy to sell for profit

sell the right time

build with stability

its what the successful sides are doing (yo yo like rotherham or brentford with profits are doing)

whatever his plan is, lets hear it

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

That's simply not true.

We can all name the clubs that have a philosophy/a blueprint/ a DNA...call it what you want. And those clubs are very open about their strategy.

Whether it be Norwich City... driven by an open, honest Sporting Director who hires a coach to match the way that the club see themselves playing. And meticulously planning their transfer targets. Or a club like a Millwall or Cardiff...that know exactly what they are. They are clubs where the fanbase demand 4-4-2, direct, get the ball forward style of play. And they embrace it.

Barnsley are a terrific local example of having a strict blueprint, been patience with it, and hiring managers specifically to execute the plan of developing young players with sell on potential, with the acceptance that they'll constantly sell their better players. Barnsley didn't win football games last season...they were fortunate to survive. They were dreadful the last time they went down... but their philosophy remained strong.

Whether or not these clubs (of which there are many), come out and spell out their philosophy in the media, or it's just a traditional way in which the fans can get behind the club, they've all got a common goal. They have a joined up process...the chairman, the higher management, the manager/coach, the fans and the players are all invested in that. 

We haven't got a process...and Chansiri trying to convince himself he has, is frankly laughable. Just look at the managers he's appointed. You couldn't get a more varied bunch if tried. I really wish I could believe a word he says about a philosophy...but I don't...because the evidence isn't there. Even then, Chansiri might have an idea of how he'd like us to play...but if his advisors don't implement it by employing managers capable of embracing it, or signing players capable of playing it...it's nothing more than a dream.

While ever Chansiri fails to address the glaring inadequacies within the club structure, a philosophy will never be able to be imprinted strongly enough for it to have an effect.

We are an absolute prime example of HOW NOT TO RUN A FOOTBALL CLUB. Of course, we might get lucky and eventually have a season that achieves Chansiri's goals...but those chances are diminishing with every season that passes.

Nailed it mate. 

Say what you want about Pulis, but he was highlighting the problems at the club every week. He kept saying we don’t have an identity and he was absolutely bang on. He kept saying the squad was disjointed, it absolutely is. 

I just hope the next man can find a better way of telling DC that he needs to change. I will not be holding my breath at all on that though. 

• Like 6

i have some sympathy for the bloke ....he's come in with no idea how football works listened to crap advisors probably blown his money ,lost face with his successful family and showing  all the signs of a man under extreme pressure .....tough times for him .

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

That's simply not true.

We can all name the clubs that have a philosophy/a blueprint/ a DNA...call it what you want. And those clubs are very open about their strategy.

Whether it be Norwich City... driven by an open, honest Sporting Director who hires a coach to match the way that the club see themselves playing. And meticulously planning their transfer targets. Or a club like a Millwall or Cardiff...that know exactly what they are. They are clubs where the fanbase demand 4-4-2, direct, get the ball forward style of play. And they embrace it.

Barnsley are a terrific local example of having a strict blueprint, been patience with it, and hiring managers specifically to execute the plan of developing young players with sell on potential, with the acceptance that they'll constantly sell their better players. Barnsley didn't win football games last season...they were fortunate to survive. They were dreadful the last time they went down... but their philosophy remained strong.

Whether or not these clubs (of which there are many), come out and spell out their philosophy in the media, or it's just a traditional way in which the fans can get behind the club, they've all got a common goal. They have a joined up process...the chairman, the higher management, the manager/coach, the fans and the players are all invested in that. 

We haven't got a process...and Chansiri trying to convince himself he has, is frankly laughable. Just look at the managers he's appointed. You couldn't get a more varied bunch if tried. I really wish I could believe a word he says about a philosophy...but I don't...because the evidence isn't there. Even then, Chansiri might have an idea of how he'd like us to play...but if his advisors don't implement it by employing managers capable of embracing it, or signing players capable of playing it...it's nothing more than a dream.

While ever Chansiri fails to address the glaring inadequacies within the club structure, a philosophy will never be able to be imprinted strongly enough for it to have an effect.

We are an absolute prime example of HOW NOT TO RUN A FOOTBALL CLUB. Of course, we might get lucky and eventually have a season that achieves Chansiri's goals...but those chances are diminishing with every season that passes.

You’re not wrong, but the point I was making was that fans don’t have to be included in the planning of the structure and strategy of a club. Clubs don’t hold constant meetings or publish fan news explaining their process. They simply have a decent manager and players that have a clear system and understanding of their roles 

The day to day and Behind the scenes stuff isn’t information we require 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1