Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know I get naively overexcited at the possibilities and potential of things that happen at our club

But I'm getting increasingly naively overexciited at the possibilities and potential of this fella coming in

lol

Welcome to Wednesday Erik Alonso

He was a shareholder 2 hours ago, he’ll be probably have handed his notice in by 15:30

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, flash said:

So Nixon stating money is in the country for players wages was potentially linked to this considering WBD/Alonso bought some form of equity a week ago along with that Instagram post of ‘Let’s make the owls big again’. 

Presume when TP alluded to all the crazy happenings behind the scenes that this was one of them, and that he’d probably have no say in what players are brought in as they’d be through WBD as a third party. 

If WBD are a shareholder and own part of the club then not really a 3rd party anymore.

1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

If WBD are a shareholder and own part of the club then not really a 3rd party anymore.

If the players are bound by contract to WBD and not the club. it would still be third party ownership regardless of whether WBD are part owners of the club or not.

Guest hirstysfags
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

If the players are bound by contract to WBD and not the club. it would still be third party ownership regardless of whether WBD are part owners of the club or not.

Tevez??

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or someone who knows what he's doing, with an actual track record of contacts and success, coming in and helping us out and taking the reigns off Chansiri

And if he's got shares then he's also got an element of real power

and skin in the game, which is the major incentive to do things right.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Or someone who knows what he's doing, with an actual track record of contacts and success, coming in and helping us out and taking the reigns off Chansiri

And if he's got shares then he's also got an element of real power

I’m hoping the same way we are all, and I’d love to be proved wrong. 

It’s at that point though where the decision making of Chansiri leaves me terrified about what’s coming next so I don’t mean to be negative from the off but...

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

They clearly manage or are associated to him in some way.

I mean, they could be their kid's birthday party planning agents for all I know, but they're not their 'agents' in the respect of what 'agent' usually means in the game.

I'd be interested to know how they are associated with them - business managers perhaps?

2 minutes ago, nuhiuprime said:

I mean, they could be their kid's birthday party planning agents for all I know, but they're not their 'agents' in the respect of what 'agent' usually means in the game.

I'd be interested to know how they are associated with them - business managers perhaps?

Yes, I assumed by that information that they were his agents which I was mistaken on.

Maybe its grapsing at straws in the end. Hopefully they can help in a positive way and provide us with some useful contacts in the business 

Guest hirstysfags
5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

It was because of Tevez that the rule came into being. The player's contract must be held by the club and not a separate entity attached to the club. 

Weers t'tevez moneh?