Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

Just now, flash said:

So Nixon stating money is in the country for players wages was potentially linked to this considering WBD/Alonso bought some form of equity a week ago along with that Instagram post of ‘Let’s make the owls big again’. 

Presume when TP alluded to all the crazy happenings behind the scenes that this was one of them, and that he’d probably have no say in what players are brought in as they’d be through WBD as a third party. 

Where was this Instagram post?

Just now, flash said:

So Nixon stating money is in the country for players wages was potentially linked to this considering WBD/Alonso bought some form of equity a week ago along with that Instagram post of ‘Let’s make the owls big again’. 

Presume when TP alluded to all the crazy happenings behind the scenes that this was one of them, and that he’d probably have no say in what players are brought in as they’d be through WBD as a third party. 

Spot on, which is why I think we’ll go down the relatively unknown foreign route again 

25 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think it's cultural, rather than sheer contempt. He'll be used to being treated with reverence rather than being questioned and criticised.

Since his inauguration by the two women at York in 2015, to the fans' forums and late night OS Dear John letters, he's just struggled to come to terms with the English football fans cultural. That's why he should have employed and left the comms to an English-based Board Director.  

I'm not sure it is cultural, necessarily. His family's company is now a PLC (Thai Union), and they have all of the requirements of transparency that you'd respect of a PLC. It's published how much the directors get paid, the financial performance of the company etc, fully audited by PWC. In terms of managing a company, the difference between SWFC and Thai Union is vast. I can't comment on Thai culture - though whatever constraints that might place on good quality & transparent communication, Thai Union has at least managed to overcome them.

Edited by nuhiuprime
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

How long do we give these guys then? 6 months? 6 weeks?

Obviously we the fans get to decide that. From where we are at it seems all trust in Chansiri has disappeared.

We have got off to a diabolical start as day one begins for the  Erik Alonso Group with radical changes of status. Shareholder/Consultant/Stakeholder ? Not the way to build confidence IMO but to some extent this is a mere litmus test. The real meat on the bones of a critical first page of new beginning is our staying in the Championship.

I Think we may see Chansiri taking more of a backseat role/remove himself from the firing line and allow time for confidence to climb. But at least it's beginning to look as though finally, finally he is confronting the reality of competence. Set off like a bull in a china shop and has peed multi millions up the wall on 'Super Glue'. 

Let us hope he has left the 'I can do it on my own' days in the dust bin now.  We shall see !     

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, H2Owl said:

If this doesn’t end in tears I’ll be amazed.

Another leech to bleed the club and send it’s crap unknown players to us on big contracts and inflated wages.

Or someone who knows what he's doing, with an actual track record of contacts and success, coming in and helping us out and taking the reigns off Chansiri

And if he's got shares then he's also got an element of real power

Owlstalk Shop