Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

I agree. It all seems a bit odd.Apart from the god awful website, the email, LinkedIn, insta and Twitter links do not actually go to an account on any if those platforms. The email link goes to example @example.com.

The WhatsApp link goes to a Spanish number.

If you search his name a LinkedIn profile does return a profile, but Google doesn't seem to know that he's a boxing world champion.

I'm not worried at all about this partnership.

804466072_giphy(1).gif.a7577cbfa5f4ad7f11b1b467aad7eea6.gif

Screenshot_20201230-133423.jpg

• Haha 2

https://www.transfermarkt.es/wbd-sports/beraterfirma/berater/5285

A charismatic, pro-active, dedicated professional with great interpersonal skills, in depth knowledge of the professional sports industry and a passion for winning.
Bilingual English/Spanish speaker with 10 years of football experience within, Europe, Middle East, Indonesia, Thailand and North America

Specialties: Business development, Contract negotiation, Sponsorship Acquisition, Image Rights, Strategic Planning, Governmental Relationships,

https://es.linkedin.com/in/erikalonsowbd?challengeId=AQEGebwZgoweNQAAAXaz4EaU4seFRponiHyFi5r8RJSfDRU1dk_gEjJNb4WERwqTZljNPT8nDAJ4dDZK2ChFyofNvs30KnVHFA&submissionId=f19fd8cb-3082-5516-d586-52acb54ea913

Is this bloke now an investor in the club? Is he looking to take over from DC?

19 minutes ago, nuhiuprime said:

hmmm - a bit murky to be honest.

According to his Linked In he's worked as a marketing person for a bunch of companies - including Real Madrid to be fair, but he managed their events by the looks of it. Before that it's hotels etc. His CV screams employee/freelancer to be honest. It states he's the CEO of WBD Capital, but only has 2 employees listed, and the link to the company website doesn't work. Interestingly, he's listed as a majority shareholder of Muangthong United Football Club, a Thai football club. Finished a masters in sports management in 2018.

I dunno - assuming the LinkedIn is legit, he certainly doesn't fill me with confidence. I've met tons of 'startup bros' with delusions of grandeur. Might be wrong, but I get that vibe. Fingers crossed he's the 'face' to a larger family network. That's worked out well for us so far.

Plus, Muangthong United are owned by a massive cement company that make Thai Union (Chansiri's family company) look like a corner shop, so don't understand why he'd list himself as majority shareholder. I'm so confused, fingers crossed his Linked In account is bull poo, because so little is making sense.

Well the good ship Wednesday sailing towards the rocks with the mad captain in charge and there’s a sort of mutiny where one says I’ll tss as me charge I’ve done this before. Surely that’s a better option than captain calamity closing his eyes and hoping for the best? We might end up on the rocks further down the coast who knows or managing to pull free and find the paradise we’ve all been hoping to voyage to? Can tell I’m bored at home 😆

DC has obviously had cash flow problems due to Covid. This is not unlike many other businesses.

With regard Wednesday decision making has been consistently very poor. His advisory team (Paixao) has been found wanting. He needs to rely on someone and he chose badly. 

The new bunch offer restructuring advice (which is badly required) and in return for efforts may get % of club. I am not sure if agents are allowed to own clubs but their are rules on separation of duties.

Agents are generally a rum bunch and all are tainted with some sort of issue. Clearly some are better than others and some clubs have benefited from close relations due to access to players. 

If Paixao has taken a backward step and we have different voice in DC's lug this can be no bad thing from football point of view. The horrendous decisions made have cost DC millions and most would have been preventable. 

The TP fiasco has clearly brought things to a head and hopefully at least one penny has finally dropped with DC regarding running of football club.

I do not think advice given to DC could have been much worse than it has been so lets hope new guy offers real improvement going forward.

Has anybody git background on Alonso yet outside of WB sports?

• Like 1

Just now, Quist said:

DC has obviously had cash flow problems due to Covid. This is not unlike many other businesses.

With regard Wednesday decision making has been consistently very poor. His advisory team (Paixao) has been found wanting. He needs to rely on someone and he chose badly. 

The new bunch offer restructuring advice (which is badly required) and in return for efforts may get % of club. I am not sure if agents are allowed to own clubs but their are rules on separation of duties.

Agents are generally a rum bunch and all are tainted with some sort of issue. Clearly some are better than others and some clubs have benefited from close relations due to access to players. 

If Paixao has taken a backward step and we have different voice in DC's lug this can be no bad thing from football point of view. The horrendous decisions made have cost DC millions and most would have been preventable. 

The TP fiasco has clearly brought things to a head and hopefully at least one penny has finally dropped with DC regarding running of football club.

I do not think advice given to DC could have been much worse than it has been so lets hope new guy offers real improvement going forward.

Has anybody git background on Alonso yet outside of WB sports?

Yes, he's worked at some hotels and was the marketing events manager for Real Madrid.

• Like 1