Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

Although not this financial year, maybe if this is why the accounts have been delayed. I also wonder if the ground sale loan will now be re-structured.

It will be interesting to see what level of shareholding Alonso has - is it through WBD or personal.

hmmm - a bit murky to be honest.

According to his Linked In he's worked as a marketing person for a bunch of companies - including Real Madrid to be fair, but he managed their events by the looks of it. Before that it's hotels etc. His CV screams employee/freelancer to be honest. It states he's the CEO of WBD Capital, but only has 2 employees listed, and the link to the company website doesn't work. Interestingly, he's listed as a majority shareholder of Muangthong United Football Club, a Thai football club. Finished a masters in sports management in 2018.

I dunno - assuming the LinkedIn is legit, he certainly doesn't fill me with confidence. I've met tons of 'startup bros' with delusions of grandeur. Might be wrong, but I get that vibe. Fingers crossed he's the 'face' to a larger family network. That's worked out well for us so far.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, nuhiuprime said:

According to his Linked In he's worked as a marketing person for a bunch of companies - including Real Madrid to be fair, but he managed their events by the looks of it. Before that it's hotels etc. His CV screams employee/freelancer to be honest. It states he's the CEO of WBD Capital, but only has 2 employees listed, and the link to the company website doesn't work. Interestingly, he's listed as a majority shareholder of Muangthong United Football Club, a Thai football club. Finished a masters in sports management in 2018.

I dunno - assuming the LinkedIn is legit, he certainly doesn't fill me with confidence. I've met tons of 'startup bros' with delusions of grandeur. Might be wrong, but I get that vibe. Fingers crossed he's the 'face' to a larger family network. That's worked out well for us so far.

Yeah I’ve just been doing a bit of research and it all looks incredibly murky to me.

The fact he has players names in his Instagram bio screams ‘look at me look at me’ without any real substance behind it. He’s not Lukaku’s agent for a start.

Murky.

3 minutes ago, nuhiuprime said:

8 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Things don't stack up for me with this outfit.

Erik Alonso: was born 09-05-1991.

According to LinkdIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/erikalonsowbd/?originalSubdomain=es) he studied an undergraduate degree in Business at the Australian Institute of Business 2006-8 (i.e. between the ages of 15 and 17). The facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/erikalonsoelpatron/) claims "Boxing World Champion" but https://boxerlist.com/boxer/erik-alonso/398202/ lists 5 pro fights in Indonesia

The facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/erikalonsoelpatron/)  link to a website (www.erikalonso.com) of Dr Erik X Alonso in Miami who holds a Master and Doctoral degrees in Clinical and Forensic Psychology.

Hope its not this guy:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/file/784236/download

Pray that DC has done his homework this time and not fallen into another nest of vipers

yea, massive red flags here. Fingers crossed this guy is relatively private and hasn't touched his online profiles in years, because judging by his presence online... Not great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, prowl said:

Might be a good move or might just end up with us being a dumping ground for more players who are crocks, past it or both.

Let's wait and see. Does this mean Piaxao has got the boot.

Q: Prowl.. dumping ground for more players who are crocks, past it or both. Thats my worry.....alleged'connections'...How many Watford players did we sign??..as an example,etc 

I want a variety of decent Players to rebuild the squad,not just Players signed to one Agent,or Organisation......

Why repeat what hasn't allegedly worked?.Why cant we just look to what Barnsley are doing,Year on Year

And what do this new Organisation get out of this 'partnership'?   ****ing sick of it...

For those who say what would we do 'if he left'...Well no one just up sticks & leaves do they? The Chairman would look for a buyer on terms he finds accceptable & than sell up...Thats what MM did...thats how it works...

7 minutes ago, nuhiuprime said:

Just what I was thinking. Sometimes people / organisations don't want to be known. Problem is, this is SWFC, my club, your club and how long has it been since things went right for us? we've had our fair deal of poo flung in our direction. I'm deeply suspicious. Hope I'm wrong, but until there's anything to disprove then we just have to go with it.Problem is, it's something to do with DC, and quite frankly I just don't trust the guy in any way shape or form. 

• Like 2