Players thought Pulis was going?

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I didn't expect Derby to be in deep trouble but looking at their squad I don't see much and Rooney is hardly the experienced manager needed if they are still in the mix near the end. Also think QPR are rubbish. 

And Derby have only scored 10 this season. A team that have actually scored fewer goals than we have!

I'm not sure Derby's current position with regards to FFP too, but it's not certain they'll even be able to buy themselves out of this either.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cowl said:

And Derby have only scored 10 this season. A team that have actually scored fewer goals than we have!

I'm not sure Derby's current position with regards to FFP too, but it's not certain they'll even be able to buy themselves out of this either.

There's a good chance we won't be able to buy either. 

41 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I didn't expect Derby to be in deep trouble but looking at their squad I don't see much and Rooney is hardly the experienced manager needed if they are still in the mix near the end. Also think QPR are rubbish. 

Still think they’ll have enough to stop up 

Cant see QPR dropping either 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But he's young and progressive.

lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As things stand we don't know what he will get do we?

However, if you are considering taking over as manager of Sheffield Wednesday, when considering what budget you might have to work with, regardless of what you may or may not be 'promised' you have to consider:

• that the club is operating under a points deduction for financial issues,
  • have not submitted their latest accounts on time,
  • have hardly paid many fees for players in the past two years,
  • have recently spent time under embargos
  • have been rumoured to have issues paying players. 

If you are expecting any kind of significant transfer kitty on that basis then you are naive and I can't see Pulis being so naive. 

But the highlighted issues were known by Tony, sorry, Kyle Pulis prior to his taking the job.

And the players must have been paid and/or given some wage guarantees, or else they'd have downed tools and we'd have lost the last two.

I don't think any of us expect loads of money for players, but loads of money isn't necessary.

For all the money spent by the fragrant Coco, the spine of the team - Westwood, Lees and Hutch - were brought in very cheaply.

That's where experience, years in the game and extensive networks come in.

If Tony Pulis really were Kyle Pulis, as some on here wish he were, then we'd be in the brown stuff good and proper.

3 hours ago, geriatricowl said:

Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.  Edgar Allen Poe said that in1845 😉.

Also in 1845  September – first students admitted to the Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, the first agricultural college in the English-speaking world. Maybe a pure coincidence but that was also the year of the Irish potato blight outbreak.

• Like 1

I’m a fully signed up Nixon club member but I find this one a bit interesting 

To write this and yet on the same day not have us in his picks to go down

To me it seems like a bit more of a public power play.

Not to say that that isn’t concerning, but I think there is some jostling for position going on

Btw the players didn’t think he was leaving. They just heard the rumours and wondered what was happening 

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’m a fully signed up Nixon club member but I find this one a bit interesting 

To write this and yet on the same day not have us in his picks to go down

To me it seems like a bit more of a public power play.

Not to say that that isn’t concerning, but I think there is some jostling for position going on

Btw the players didn’t think he was leaving. They just heard the rumours and wondered what was happening 

Expand on that, whose doing the jostling?   Whose the jostler and whose the jostled?

29 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Reckon it’s all part of the Chansiri/Pulis master plan to make it sound like we are strapped for cash to help with transfer negotiations in January.  “We’re broke so let us pay half of the asking price, cheers”.  Genius 

In spite of what Jock McPlop says (or writes), Pulis is too canny an operator to take this job without knowing exactly what resources would be available.

Remember that he turned Chansiri down 18 months ago when we appointed Monk, and he had to be persuaded this time to take this job.

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Also in 1845  September – first students admitted to the Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, the first agricultural college in the English-speaking world. Maybe a pure coincidence but that was also the year of the Irish potato blight outbreak.

Nev, Cirencester certainly isn’t in the English speaking world, have you heard them

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Oooooh, Student Owl does some digging and blows a massive hole straight threw FreshOwls claims. 

But sad digging like that. Funny though!