Players thought Pulis was going?

2 minutes ago, dykwim said:

We’re not worth anything. It doesn’t look like we are profit making. I can’t see the latest accounts to be sure. Chansiri can put whatever price tag he likes on us but on the value of the club, it’s worth offloading for £1 to stop having to find the losses from what I can tell. 

Expecting his wasted ‘£350m’ back is folly. He’ll do well to offload us just so he can cut his losses. He’ll have to come to that conclusion eventually, or keep putting money in (I’m not sure he will continue to do that). 

yer the 350m figure worries me its almost like a sign of madness  ,it isnt possible once you add the sky money , gate receipts ,other income ,wembley final etc you will find its nowhere near 350 million . what id like to know is what has happened that he cant afford to pay the players? our wage bill is way lower than 2 years ago , the gate receipts season tickets add up to average £400 x 22000 is 8-9 million a season maybe a little lower than that with ifollow but the wage bill was a lot higher than 8 million when hooper abdi,fletcher jones, forestieri boyd hutchinson and loads of others were earning between 20-35k a week , the squad is also now much smaller and the newer players are on half or less than before. so is chansiri business in serious trouble? or has his family withdrawn paying for it? . way its looking is administration start next season -15 almost certain relegation to league 2 . we are all in the dark whats going off. 

14 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I didn't say you did

I was merely pointing out that Monk was better than Pulis so far

Which is damning of Pulis because Monk was mostly useless for the best part of 11 months. 

15 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Comfortably better than what we have been on since. Over the season it would have seen us safe, now however....

Over the course of the season, Monk's record this season would have got us to 50 or 51 points. Take away the 6 point deduction and that would give us 45 points. Remains to be seen if that would be enough this season. Certainly better than the 17 points from 23 games he picked up in the second half of last season and better than Pulis has done so far but hardly a ringing endorsement. 

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We’re down anyway my brother 

How are we down anyway?

As bad as we have been we have picked up more points in games than the 3 teams above us and 1 less than 19th placed QPR. No reason we can't do a little bit better than that over the next 25 games or are you expecting us to get worse? 

17 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Approach in what way?  His footballing style won't change.

I’ve not mentioned his football, said before I accepted what he brings in the field. 

His approach is that it’s all everybody else’s fault. Unacceptable. He’s part of it now, take some responsibility. You mention getting behind him. 
Does he get behind the team and club ? For weeks he has publicly stated January is his best chance of success, and now he’s linked with leaving the club.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How are we down anyway?

As bad as we have been we have picked up more points in games than the 3 teams above us and 1 less than 19th placed QPR. No reason we can't do a little bit better than that over the next 25 games or are you expecting us to get worse? 

It's not nailed on, but January is crucial. 

And a win against Middlesbrough and Derby is a must. 

Even with that we are picking up points at a slower rate than before. 

I think we need maybe 12-13 wins with a few draws to get out of this. Doable but we need to start winning games. That 8 game winless streak has killed us right now. 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How are we down anyway?

As long as the wages fiasco rolls on, and no money for signings, I don’t trust this group to keep up the level of morale needed to stay up 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How are we down anyway?

I'm surprised also at the certainty some have that we're as good as down.

We need better forward options, and it's definitely uncertain we'll be able to bring anyone in, but until February rolls around (at which time we'll know just what we've been able to do in the window), it still seems to me that we're in with a decent fighting chance of staying up.

In many ways, the fact that so much has gone wrong this season and yet still be within touching distance just underlines that we're not so far from getting those few better results that we need.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

As long as the wages fiasco rolls on, and no money for signings, I don’t trust this group to keep up the level of morale needed to stay up 

Understandable I suppose, but I am not ready to call it a done deal just yet. Sadly my hope at the moment is more a result of the abjectness of others rather than any real belief in us! 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Understandable I suppose, but I am not ready to call it a done deal just yet. Sadly my hope at the moment is more a result of the abjectness of others rather than any real belief in us! 

It’ll be 3 out of us, Rotherham, Wycombe, and I reckon Coventry will get dragged into it 

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I’ve not mentioned his football, said before I accepted what he brings in the field. 

His approach is that it’s all everybody else’s fault. Unacceptable. He’s part of it now, take some responsibility. You mention getting behind him. 
Does he get behind the team and club ? For weeks he has publicly stated January is his best chance of success, and now he’s linked with leaving the club.

Thats a good point a couple of times, I've thought that comment could have been left for the training pitch.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It's not nailed on, but January is crucial. 

And a win against Middlesbrough and Derby is a must. 

Even with that we are picking up points at a slower rate than before. 

I think we need maybe 12-13 wins with a few draws to get out of this. Doable but we need to start winning games. That 8 game winless streak has killed us right now. 

The fact we lost 3 in a row to potential rivals near the foot of the table, had a different spell of 8 games without a win and have had 6 points deducted yet are still in touch gives me a little hope!

Agree that the transfer window is vital though. Seems like everything to this point has been sticking plaster stuff in the hope to get a striker or two in for the second half of the season and if we don't then the plaster will come unstuck.  

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It’ll be 3 out of us, Rotherham, Wycombe, and I reckon Coventry will get dragged into it 

I didn't expect Derby to be in deep trouble but looking at their squad I don't see much and Rooney is hardly the experienced manager needed if they are still in the mix near the end. Also think QPR are rubbish.