BREAKING NEWS - Sam Hutchinson returning to Sheffield Wednesday?!?

Bit like getting back with an old girlfriend this.....you think it’s going to be good again, and it is in patches, but you’re always left disappointed in the end 😩

It’s a no from me.

Sort out the fiasco over wages (and arguably ownership - although there’s no quick fix there) and then move on. We’re in a serious fight to stay in the championship and then we need to rebuild.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He’s the type of player we’ve missed, and despite fitness issues, is probably as good as we will get in our current position. We are also apparently locked in talks with winger Andre Green. That he’s been available since the season started, why have we waited this long? I have my own theory on that one

I hope we let poor Andre out for Christmas 

Providing this is accurate (which is debatable), You have to ask, Is Hutch better than what we have?

Considering that we have Joey Pelupessy (A decent athlete but One of THE worst footballers we've ever had) I say it's a no brainer.

Get him resigned ASAP !

• Like 3

Love it!!!

Look, if he comes back it’s going to be on a MAX 18 month contract? Maybe even less just until the end of the season.

He’s the type of player Pulis LOVES and he’s a proper leader, which you always need during a relegation scrap. If we play him in the back 5 as a ball playing CB or in the CDM he’s certainly just as good as what we have available now. We wouldn’t desperately need him but I’d rather have Hutchinson available than Pelupessy/Shaw/Hunt or god forbid we play another CB in the midfield. Also, have people seen Paterson playing CM? Come on now....we’re desperate. 

Plus, I don’t think Pulis is going to start crying and banish him from the team when Sammy suggests we try something else? 

One of my best memories in recent years is when he returned under Bruce and we had 28k at Hillsborough singing “OHHHH SAMMY SAMMY”. 

• Like 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
42 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

As much as I think a fully fit hutch would ad to this team as to be a no from me ? We need players that will be available every week with so many games so quick can’t see hutch staying fit? No doubt he quality and is a winner same as Westwood and that’s why pulis wants him? Another reason he prob cheap but surely someone else out there better 

Available every week like his replacement Luongo you mean?

Joey is available every week maybe we should keep playing him? 

🙄

It's a no from be, based on the fact as club, we need to be moving forwards, rather than going back to players we know are are a liability for a number of reasons. 

More worrying is the type of signing this is and suggests that we arnt going to go the spendaggeddon route. 

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All I'm going to say is that if this is true then it's a clear indication of the type of spending we will be doing in this transfer window

And that wouldn't be good

Already resigned myself to that. 

Fact we can’t pay players on time has nailed that shut for me. Hope I’m wrong though

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

If this comes off and I expect it to, I think it’ll be with a view to him joining the coaching staff. I’ve always thought he’d make a good manager and I can see that journey starting here.

THIS.

He’s been through it all - gets a lot of stick on here but he would get straight into this side. 

• Like 1