BREAKING NEWS - Sam Hutchinson returning to Sheffield Wednesday?!?

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It's a no from be, based on the fact as club, we need to be moving forwards, rather than going back to players we know are are a liability for a number of reasons. 

More worrying is the type of signing this is and suggests that we arnt going to go the spendaggeddon route. 

Let’s be honest though or situation is to stay up in 5/6 months. I think moving forward goes out the window. We HAVE to stay up. The salary cap in league 1, the fact we’re struggling to pay players now in this league. 

We cannot afford to go down and if he might help us stay up? I’m for it. 

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

THIS.

He’s been through it all - gets a lot of stick on here but he would get straight into this side. 

Personally I think he could be manager sooner if we are relegated? He’s been through the entire spectrum of emotions as a footballer plus he will have learned a lot from his time under Lukuhay and Monk in how not to manage a squad of players? A priceless bit of experience going forward for him.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
Just now, WhiteOwl91 said:

Can’t wait until we sign Gary Hooper from the ISL after smashing in 1 penalty in 6 games then going off with injury 

Hooper on crutches would offer more of a goal threat than our current group of players called strikers 

Guest Grandad

Makes all the idiots claiming him and Westwood were bad apples look a bit stupid

When our experienced manager sees them as the best choice to keep us up

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Let’s be honest though or situation is to stay up in 5/6 months. I think moving forward goes out the window. We HAVE to stay up. The salary cap in league 1, the fact we’re struggling to pay players now in this league. 

We cannot afford to go down and if he might help us stay up? I’m for it. 

I think you are correct. The Alan Biggs piece in The Star summed things up. The club has to start taking a longer term approach, but is actually found itself in a position, where the only option is another short term view. I thought there were signs that the club was moving, not before time, to a more sustainable way of doing things. However, maybe the 12 point deduction changed things, and panic set in. Some of the signings made, and the appointment of Pulis, do not suggest long term planning. I never like these short term approaches, whether for a promotion campaign, or a relegation battle, but whether I like it or not, it may be what’s needed to try and get us out of the current situation

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I think you are correct. The Alan Biggs piece in The Star summed things up. The club has to start taking a longer term approach, but is actually found itself in a position, where the only option is another short term view. I thought there were signs that the club was moving, not before time, to a more sustainable way of doing things. However, maybe the 12 point deduction changed things, and panic set in. Some of the signings made, and the appointment of Pulis, do not suggest long term planning. I never like these short term approaches, whether for a promotion campaign, or a relegation battle, but whether I like it or not, it may be what’s needed to try and get us out of the current situation

Yes 100%. Look how long it’s taken other ‘big’ clubs to get out of league 1. Sunderland still there now, blades took a while. And let’s be honest, I don’t think there’s much faith in the running of our club to get us promoted if those clubs struggled 😂

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Our experienced manager sees them as the best choice to keep us up

I doubt very much that out of the whole of the football world, and the thousands and thousands of footballers out there, that 'Honest Tone' sees Sam Hutchinson as the best choice out of anything

Might just be me but there are massive alarm bells ringing here regarding January's activity and it's not even Christmas yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Maybe Chansiri shouldn’t have allowed assets (players) to be frozen out etc - letting Jos and Monk do what they thought was right has cost the club results... and money while they sat at home .... it’s also cost the club money by not moving them on sooner.  Terrible all round. 

(I’m not fanboy of Westwood and Hutchinson either). 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
11 minutes ago, sibon said:

Well, we’ve not had many red cards for rash tackles lately.

Get him in.

Maybe cus none of this lot tackle