BREAKING NEWS - Sam Hutchinson returning to Sheffield Wednesday?!?

We will have roughly 20 games left when any incomers can play.

Andre Green and Sam Hutchinson?

Lucky if we get 10 games from each of them. Why don’t we find ONE player capable of playing 20 games, rather than two who aren’t?

Do we never learn?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Yes 100%. Look how long it’s taken other ‘big’ clubs to get out of league 1. Sunderland still there now, blades took a while. And let’s be honest, I don’t think there’s much faith in the running of our club to get us promoted if those clubs struggled 😂

I do think though, there was an element of panic by appointing Pulis. The halving of our points penalty meant that it should have been fairly straightforward for the club to avoid relegation, and we were on course to do so under Monk. Now I am no way championing Monk, and was I was happy to see him gone, but at the point that he was dismissed, and a more imaginative longer term appointment would have steered us away from any danger, and been able to put the building blocks in place for a future promotion push. The appointment of Pulis for me was an overreaction, and his inability to improve on, or even maintain, what Monk was doing, has exasperated the situation. Because of his ineptitude, we really are in a firefighting situation, and one that definitely requires a short term approach.

• Haha 1

Team rebuilding isn't really a good idea when you can't spend and have been hit by a points deduction.

This season is about survival, even if it means scoring and then kicking the ball in the Don for 90 minutes.

To survive we need characters, and as Tone said to Andy Piggings in a recent interview on the subject "We need help".

Hutchinson fits the bill.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Grandad
19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I doubt very much that out of the whole of the football world, and the thousands and thousands of footballers out there, that 'Honest Tone' sees Sam Hutchinson as the best choice out of anything

Might just be me but there are massive alarm bells ringing here regarding January's activity and it's not even Christmas yet

image.png.cbcaf1c7cace44791b38eaab4da286b7.png

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Team rebuilding isn't really a good idea when you can't spend and have been hit by a points deduction.

This season is about survival, even if it means scoring and then kicking the ball in the Don for 90 minutes.

To survive we need characters, and as Tone said to Andy Piggings in a recent interview on the subject "We need help".

Hutchinson fits the bill.

He really really REALLY doesn't

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I do think though, there was an element of panic by appointing Pulis. The halving of our points penalty meant that it should have been fairly straightforward for the club to avoid relegation, and we were on course to do so under Monk. Now I am no way championing Monk, and was I was happy to see him gone, but at the point that he was dismissed, and a more imaginative longer term appointment would have steered us away from any danger, and been able to put the building blocks in place for a future promotion push. The appointment of Pulis for me was an overreaction, and his inability to improve on, or even maintain, what Monk was doing, has exasperated the situation. Because of his ineptitude, we really are in a firefighting situation, and one that definitely requires a short term approach.

Like it.

I'll include that into my list of such adjectives as young, hungry, eager to learn and progressive. 

It's the -saurs who keep teams as poor as ours up.

I don't think we'd have survived under Monk for a moment.

Pulis had a run of fixtures to begin with which is as difficult as it's possible to get in this division.

The three flops post-Norwich were clearly about the players downing tools, rather than Pulis being a poor manager.

• Like 2