Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Chansiri can’t sustain the club 

He needs to source any sort of buyer or put the club in admin 

This can’t go on anymore 

This,  there’s only one thing worse than the horror of administration, and that’s dragging out the suffering before it. 

If he puts us into administration now would the points come off this season or next?  If it’s this season then it’s a no brainier really.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mark.flem said:

No excuse for the performances they've been turning out. I wouldn't pay them either.

No I haven't but my job isn't anything like being a footballer, as a footballer you know you are playing for the fans not the chairman.

In my job, if I decide to slack off, it affects nobody but myself. 

If I was a doctor or something important, I wouldn't be at all happy with not being paid but would still do my job, not for the boss but for those that needed my services.

You can't compare, because it isn't the same. 

I'm in not saying players shouldn't be paid really, of course they should. Just expressing my opinion that they don't deserve their wages at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think most of the team being out of contract in the summer is a key issue.

not being paid too, but during a pandemic and no fans I think that players should consider being flexible. They will get paid in the end won’t they? 

Ordinarily though it would be a huge red flag and seems to have gone on all year. Since last Xmas....

I accept the frustration as a fan for what we (probably rightly) consider overpaid players, but to them it's their job and have financial commitments like all of us. 

If you don't pay your employees their full wages, productivity bound to suffer. It's human nature. 

Fault lies firmly with Chansiri. If the PFA/EFL don't like the payment terms seemingly imposed on players wages, might not have the option to recruit in January. EFL won't need asking twice to apply an embargo. 

Another in an increasing number of embarrassing episodes involving our club since Chansiri took over. We really have paid a hefty price for that new scoreboard.

• Like 1