Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It's going to completely knacker our recruitment going forward.

What semi decent player will want to come here when we can't (or possibly refuse) to pay player's wages?

Absolute final straw for me out of, well, there's been a lot of final straws to be brutally honest, but there is just no way in hell we can be successful with this absolute w@nkpuffin in charge.

To reach for promotion and fall short is one thing; that can happen to the best of them, but then to be so arrogant, deluded and outright f*cking stupid since is just unacceptable. To think we've got to the point of not paying the player's wages on top of all the other bs we've had to endure.

Aye.

I guess we don't know what the reason is.

I mean, can't he or won't he?

He may take the view that he's poured several hundred million pounds into this club, the fans have dug deep, the players are very-well paid, we're all in this together, so if they have to wait for their copious wages then so be it.

The players owe it to him and the fans to put in a shift.

Once again he's probably applied Oriental honour to a profession which has none.

Maybe Pulis can put him straight, namely that footballers are the greediest, most disloyal, most selfish sector of our society.

A monster of our own creation who give the working classes a bad name.

Thick as dumplings the bulk of them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Aye.

He may take the view that he's poured several hundred million pounds into this club, the fans have dug deep, the players are very-well paid, we're all in this together, so if they have to wait for their copious wages then so be it.

Once again he's probably applied Oriental honour to a profession which has none.

Maybe Pulis can put him straight, namely that footballers are the greediest, most disloyal, most selfish sector of our society.

Oriental Honour would dictate the players being paid. It’s also a bit of a myth. They’ll be honourable in the boardroom but they’ll shiv their workers the same as western bosses will. 

48 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Aye.

Also, I think you’ll find politicians and hedge fund managers way above footballers in the greediest and selfish stakes. Rees Mogg has manouvered brexit for personal gain, that’s a bit different to Bannan getting shirty. 

1 hour ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Also, I think you’ll find politicians and hedge fund managers way above footballers in the greediest and selfish stakes. Rees Mogg has manouvered brexit for personal gain, that’s a bit different to Bannan getting shirty. 

Rees Mogg's a toff.

What happened to the noble savage?

2 minutes ago, Howards back said:

I bet when Bannan and co went into the office to play he’ll about no wages it was like being worried by a hamster. 

Bit unfair that mate seeing as Bannan has been the only player capable of terrorising people

He terrorises Championship defences every game

Owlstalk Shop

On 17/12/2020 at 19:13, @owlstalk said:

You're mocking the players whilst missing the bigger picture that it's YOUR football club and it's results that suffer

I’m fully aware it’s my football club having attended my first game in 1966!! and yes I certainly was mocking the team. But the forum is for the promotion of argument and thought provoking rhetoric. Pity you missed the sarcastic irony of my reposte. Have a nice Christmas 

UP THE OWLS