Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

49 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

These are genuine questions, so apologies if might seem stupid 

But can we actually enter administration? The club don’t owe money to anyone apart from DC - we don’t have banks chasing us do we or anything like that? 

Bottoming out - when will we hit our “peak of shitness on and off the field” and bottom out 

I think there will be a few creditors, HMRC, other clubs for transfer fees, local suppliers, this loan he inherited that they wanted a charge over the stadium, the players, any other financing arrangements.

Apart from them !

15 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Not sure if it happened but Sunderland were reported to be furloughing their players.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-furloughed-playing-staff-what-18058192

Perhaps our own players are being flexibly furloughted and we haven't done the paperwork properly. You know like selling a stadium 

At this level players need to be careful with their money and make it work for them. They are privileged beyond our wildest dreams but their earning potential is very short term.

However, they likely have financial commitments. They still need mortgages. We get 25 years on average. They get 5 to 10 years. That means their monthly repayments are massive. A nice problem to have but not if you don’t get paid.

As a club we sign contracts and agree to pay the players. They plan accordingly with pension contributions, mortgages, car payments,etc.. Privileged for sure but commitments nonetheless.

Not paying them is not just a joke but a very worrying sign.

Throw in borrowing against the ground which is apparently for debt DC was unaware of. This by the way can only be BS in my opinion.

Wages not getting paid, debts accumulating and potential lies from the chairman.

Worrying times my friends.

• Like 6

Guest whowantstoberich

Joking aside, if they aren’t being paid right they are bound to down tools, even if they don’t want it will annoy them so much inside like it would anyone

I sense that the players are friendly and supportive of each other and have bonded in a sort of 'us against the club' capacity. 

If they aren't being paid properly you can see they're only giving 80% in games. Hence why we look like we do, why we are inconsistent. Why we have no bottle. Why we can't win a single point from behind etc. 

It seems they've almost agreed to just be professionally half hearted. 

Thing is, as much as this last year has disgusted me watching the players. I can understand why they play like this if they aren't being paid properly. It stinks but it does explain it. 

The chairman is poison. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, poite said:

Can you believe that there are people within our fanbase who still actually believe that chansiri is a good owner. 

It's absolutely crazy 

Mate, this article is just Chinese disinformation aimed at toppling the Chansiri's tuna empire. It's obvious! 

Everything is fine! 

• Haha 2