Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

Guest Bulgaria

If this pay issue is true, Pulis would be on the players side, what with him having a few disputes himself over the years regarding finances.

If so, then why is he being so critical of the players?

Okay fair enough if they’re not getting paid properly I can understand the frustration which is an off field football matter which needs addressing .

for the players to think I know I’m not geting payed on time .

I’m not going to play properly properly is an absolute shambles to the club and each one of those players that are participating in such a performance needs getting sold on or At least asked for the transfer because they do not give a monkeys about the club 

1 minute ago, Owlsend said:

each one of those players that are participating in such a performance needs getting sold on 

Stop for a moment and think through what you're saying mate

Let's say all the players that were doing this (they might not even be deliberately doing ANYTHING)  were sold on

What next?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

If this pay issue is true, Pulis would be on the players side, what with him having a few disputes himself over the years regarding finances.

If so, then why is he being so critical of the players?

TP is old school and will demand 100% from any professional regardless of outside interferences 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Let's say all the players that were doing this were sold on

What next?

Means I won't be wasting any more money on iFollow! 

• Like 2

And people think in January we'll be signing loads of new players.

A contract is a contract.  Wednesday appear to be in breach with the staff, and with fans with the refund. 

Professional businesses do not operate this way.

• Like 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

What next? The answer to that question is what difference does it make your not performing and clearly we do not want to be at the club and they’re doing everything in their damnedest to share that with their performance equals we are going down anyway then they all move on and not see the backlash of it all anyway best to start afresh and I believe this is what the manager is going to do It’s not just players stuff everything is rotten to the core 

and on the off chance we can scrape relegation of the season brilliant but I can’t see it myself

I need to be the messenger of Christmas do but it’s true

The rumours about player wages may or may not be true. But if I was assessing Sheffield Wednesday FC as a business I would have serious concerns. Rumours of unpaid wages, late filing of accounts, no management structure as such and a chairman that seems very "emotional"! None of these would fill me with confidence and whilst without further investigation it is hard to say what is 100% true it looks and feels like a basket case.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Owlsend said:
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What next? The answer to that question is what difference does it make your not performing and clearly we do not want to be at the club and they’re doing everything in their damnedest to share that with their performance equals we are going down anyway then they all move on and not see the backlash of it all anyway best to start afresh and I believe this is what the manager is going to do It’s not just players stuff everything is rotten to the core 

and on the off chance we can scrape relegation of the season brilliant but I can’t see it myself

I need to be the messenger of Christmas do but it’s true

Expand  

But if it's a pay issue and you replace all the players and the new players have pay issues how does that help?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just had a quick nosey at social media

Safe to say that people are a bit more supportive on here of the players and can see the bigger picture re: the club

Social media is simply 'I wouldn't pay em either they're W*NK' over and over and over

Because our cowardly players cant even play for their own proffesional pride..if the storys sbout downing tools cus om money issues is true..happens often in the lower leagues but i bet most players still put in 100%

38 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Still the question to be answered at some point..... Could explain a lot

Anyway we have enough problems without legal involvement

All I'm willing to say is do some online research mate, it will be an eye opener. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

More and more stories being leaked. 

It’s clear as day that the issue isn’t Monk, isn’t Pulis. It’s the fact the players aren’t focusing on their football because they aren’t being paid properly. 

Yet again this rumour leaks. 

DC you need to address this ASAP.

Remember Portsmouth?

that but worse.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember attending one of those fans forums with Paul Aldridge and somebody asked him about the possibility of multi year season tickets.

Aldridge quickly dismissed the idea and said that whenever a club started offering multi year tickets, he took that as a sure sign that they had cash flow problems.

This stuck with me and was always in the back of my mind when Chansiri started up with his crack pot ideas.

Paul Aldridge knew his way around a football boardroom and had been in football for years, you can’t say either of these things about Chansiri.

A season ticket is effectively exchanging your potential future cash flow to get a fixed one but at a lower ratio. If the club knew it would be able to fill the stadium with OTG tickets (and didn't care for the lifelong fans), the season tickets could be completely forgotten to maximize cash flow.

A one-season ticket is already like throwing some money away to buy some predictability and diversification. A rolling (yes, definitely in our case it seems that way) ten-year season ticket is a massive brainfart that even Elon Musk couldn't come up with when smoking too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1