Mirror Exclusive: SWFC players fuming over not being paid in full

Guest Andy W

10 minutes ago, mark.flem said:

No excuse for the performances they've been turning out. I wouldn't pay them either.

Players are allegedly getting 7k a month max. For the likes of Bannan that is likely less than 10% of the salary the club agreed to pay them.

Do you think that is acceptable? 

• Like 1

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, NorthernOwl said:

Players are allegedly getting 7k a month max. For the likes of Bannan that is likely less than 10% of the salary the club agreed to pay them.

Do you think that is acceptable? 

No i dont, i think 7k is too much for them.

Guest whowantstoberich
2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

How is it a nothing story? 

No fans, so lower income for the club. We probably arent the only ones.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

No fans, so lower income for the club. We probably arent the only ones.

yeah.  There’s column after column in the papers of other clubs players not being paid properly. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why on earth would they?

Go have a look at their twitter and see the fans communications to them

so every single fan has to be nice to them in the hope they start putting that extra bit of effort in? I completely agree that there is no need for personal abuse to players, but when they are performing like this they deserve some stick. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

so every single fan has to be nice to them in the hope they start putting that extra bit of effort in? 

NOPE

But expecting any player of any club to do anything 'for the fans' is naive beyond belief

*other than individual acts of kindness which they do do*

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

I’m not saying there isn’t cash flow issues as the pandemic has hit every club, and prior to this DC claims to have invested 350m in to the club so who knows what is left in the pot! 

However what I don’t understand is that if you were that skint would you sack a manager and his coaching staff that you just brought in (latter) considering the compo you’d need to pay? And then replace him with someone who will be on a big wage for a championship manager?   Unless DC genuinely believed that we were playoff candidates once the reduction went to -6 and then brought TP in! 

Whatever the reasons it makes the situation look very grim! What player would want to sign for a club rock bottom of the league and looking destin for relegation, have a manager who plays dinosaur tactics and a chairman who refuses to meet contract obligations!

Maybe this was part of the reason our recruitment was so bad in the summer! 

52 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

They’ll be worried about where the kids Christmas prezzies are gonna come from only getting 7k FFS.

I guess the kids are going to have to make do with just one kit and playoff shirt between them! 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2