SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs BARNSLEY - Post Match Reaction thread - what did you think of today?

Struggling to see how we can stay up now. Pulis is going to have to pull some rabbits out of a hat in January.

We desperately need a keeper and a goal scorer more than anything. The current options we have between the sticks are costing us points and they are the worst in this division by a distance. Wildsmith and Dawson wouldn’t get in any other side in the championship.

I wanted Monk out, he was useless and has signed some absolute rubbish.

I didn't particularly want Pulis but expected him to do a better job with Monk.

Results and getting worse and team selection and substitutions are just bizarre. 

We have managers who have and are well paid at this level and are producing nothing. We'd be better off saving the money of paying an experienced manager and just leaving Bullen in charge. It is almost impossible to get any worse results and performances than we have been subjected to for a whole year.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

These were supposed to be the easy games after we had to play all them reyt good ones

I know mate. After the Norwich game I thought we’d see us pick up a win. 

We’ve just put in two shambolic performances.

I think we can spend all day trying to put our finger on it. But I think we would see similar results whoever is in charge. The club is rotten to the core. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I daren't

(but will in a minute)

Cant you post a form table from when we had a manager capable of getting a decent run of form over 6 games?

I appreciate this may take some time to find.

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

First strike against Pulis for me. Brown and Rhodes should be coming on a lot earlier.

The problem at this club surpasses the manager though. Something really worrying happens behind the scenes I’m absolutely convinced by it. 

Exactly. Problems far exceed the manager. 

• Like 1

First half just say way too deep again completely over run in midfield just pegged in windass was isolated with no service and our wiremen didn’t see enough ball 

what we was doing for that first goal is beyond me 

every time we cleared our lines it came straight back snd we made it hard work yet again inviting trouble 

second half looked much more of a threat with two up top even though you could argue they aren’t centre forwards 

think our problem lays with all our attacking threat 

we need more in midfield to stamp a foot on the game if we lose bannan we would be awful there’s nobody who can keep possession or find a pass 

we need better quality out wide and from centre mid to supply our attack 

and we need a centre forward I thought windass played well again but he needs much more of the second half than the first 

we have to be picking up points in these games because come January you could sign 4-5 quality players but it might be too little too late 

rock solid at bottom of league 

we need a run of wins soon 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I wanted Monk out, he was useless and has signed some absolute rubbish.

I didn't particularly want Pulis but expected him to do a better job with Monk.

Results and getting worse and team selection and substitutions are just bizarre. 

We have managers who have and are well paid at this level and are producing nothing. We'd be better off saving the money of paying an experienced manager and just leaving Bullen in charge. It is almost impossible to get any worse results and performances than we have been subjected to for a whole year.

Doesn’t this make you think the problem is a lot bigger than the manager? These players aren’t doing it for any manager. Doesn’t matter who is in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I could see and was kinda impressed with what TP did in his first 4/5 games in charge against very tough opposition. Seems like he's carried that through to poorer opposition and failed miserably in what should have been 2 very winnable games. Now im worried. 

Dunkley was a risk, throwing him in. Dont understand his persistance with Pullupessy, Palmer, Brown and Rhodes. Like the subs are decided before the match rather than in game. 

Right now I feel as low as I did in our 3-0 loss to Roth under Monk. Not sure what we can do now ☹️ 

This bloody chairman. What a mess. Dont fancy paying a tenner to wztch another game tbh.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I know mate. After the Norwich game I thought we’d see us pick up a win. 

We’ve just put in two shambolic performances.

I think we can spend all day trying to put our finger on it. But I think we would see similar results whoever is in charge. The club is rotten to the core. 

Forget the performances

Look at the starting lineups

Look at the players out of position from the start (we were told this would never happen by Pulis)

Look at how we set up to go out and win games (do we even actually DO that?)

It's not the performances that are annoying me personally - I just love watching Wednesday play and can enjoy even a dire match - it's the other stuff 

The stuff that Puiis has said he wont' do that he doess

The stuff that Pulis boasted he'd spotted as wrong but then goes on to do the same

etc etc

It's not anti-pulis - it's just frustrating as hell as it's not even the tricky bits that he's getting me mad at.

It's going out to beat teams, playing players in their natural positions etc

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop