SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs BARNSLEY - Post Match Reaction thread - what did you think of today?

That 1st goal just wow, we let them win the flick on, Wildsmiths positioning and Van Akens very weak defending, I also thought Van Aken should have snuffed out the danger with the 2nd but not sure if that’s a bit harsh. 
WTF was that midfield today, Iorfa is not a midfielder and Patterson doesn’t look as though he has any confidence. 
2nd half we showed a bit more fight but it’s all huff and puff. 
Lots of people were saying Pulis puts round pegs in round holes yet we started today with a centre half at left back and a centre half in midfield and both look clumsy at best, while people that play there sit on the bench. 
Pulis subs were again way too late with no time to have any impact. 
I’m afraid it is a big negative for the manager today and it’s a real test whether he can turn this round, I’m leaning to the relegation and hopeless situation for the 1st time this season. Time to get drunk. UTO 

they might as well have even kept hopeless monk at least these are his players and will do there best for him . pulis has as good as said they aint good enough and he needs jan 1st to come asp , pulis what i think of him wont be allowed on here . i very strongly said it was a huge mistake getting him , why paul cook was not even considered sums up chansiri, the man works with peanuts has had loads of success and knows league 1-2 well.  we are down thats not even worth taking about its how many leagues we are going to fall , by end of next season we will have got relegated to league 2 will we then start to level out or will fall continue even then?

Edited by morganowl
s

2 minutes ago, Kendo Nagasaki said:

That 1st goal just wow, we let them win the flick on, Wildsmiths positioning and Van Akens very weak defending, I also thought Van Aken should have snuffed out the danger with the 2nd but not sure if that’s a bit harsh. 
WTF was that midfield today, Iorfa is not a midfielder and Patterson doesn’t look as though he has any confidence. 
2nd half we showed a bit more fight but it’s all huff and puff. 
Lots of people were saying Pulis puts round pegs in round holes yet we started today with a centre half at left back and a centre half in midfield and both look clumsy at best, while people that play there sit on the bench. 
Pulis subs were again way too late with no time to have any impact. 
I’m afraid it is a big negative for the manager today and it’s a real test whether he can turn this round, I’m leaning to the relegation and hopeless situation for the 1st time this season. Time to get drunk. UTO 

thats it 5 mins to go at hudds he made changes . and at ht fetched on pelepessy . today should have changed it before ht  and 8mins to go puts rhodes brown on.pulis is a joke his system with 1 up front will either get no goals or 1 from a lucky pen or 1 in 6 from hopeful ball pumped up front

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

These aren't really Pulis-type players, but you might have a point.

The ones we had we let go.

We're still only four points off safety, and we just have to aim to finish fourth-bottom at the end of the season.

I'm not writing us off just yet.

Let's see what happens in January.

keep drinking m8 and you will believe owt . there is no way whatsoever are we stopping up , the tactics by this man alone should tell you there is no hope 

This reeks of the Jos era. Not capable of scoring more than 1, not capable of holding a lead. Getting turned over is expected by everyone if we go ahead. Steve Bruce polished that particular turd. As mad as it sounds, this won’t stop until the manager changes again. I believe a change will be made over Christmas again. Another game another kick in the nuts

Shocking performance, almost as bad as Tuesday night in some respects.  Windass worked hard and Dunkley looked ok, did well to last as long as he did - that’s all I have in terms of positives.   For the second game running, Pelupessy came on at half time and still was a candidate for our MoM.  

I can’t see us turning this season round now, feels like something fundamental is wrong behind the scenes.  Might as well sell Bannan and Reach in January as they’ll not be signing new contracts.

Relegation looking inevitable, which I could live with if I thought it might be the trigger to rebuild the club from top to bottom, including new manager.  Sadly, with Chansiri in charge, I think League 2 is a more likely outcome.  

We huffed and puffed a lot, especially in the second half and were unlucky not to draw level,  but Barnsley had the better technical players.

Our lack of quality in all areas of the pitch sticks out like a sore wotsit and our chances of avoiding relegation are negligible at best.

We’re out of our depth in the Championship, I’m afraid

I’m so, so glad I decided days ago that I was taking the kids out for the day instead of staying in watching that sh!te.

Found out the result when we got home and I didn’t get angry...I didn’t get angry about Wednesday losing for the first time in my life and I’ve been watching them since 81

im over these wasters because if they don’t care neither do i.