SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs BARNSLEY - Post Match Reaction thread - what did you think of today?

Need midfielders ASAP. Luongo never fit, teams target Bannan, Pelupessy and Paterson aren’t good enough, Brown to lightweight and the young lads aren’t ready. We then have two wingers who blow hot and cold. We could have Messi and Ronaldo up front but still never score. Can’t keep possession, when we do it’s slow and pedestrian. There’s no movement, no battle, no fight and no creativity. Resulting in Strikers having zero service and the defenders have constant pressure. Most expensive ST for League one heading my way! UTO

• Like 1

These wanting Pulis out, what's going to happen when we get the next manager in and continue to lose games? 

Squad isn't good enough but that is all down to the complete shambles what Dejphon Chansiri has caused with our finances, trying his dodgy schemes and amateurish business strategies.

This man will finish this club. Honestly I hate him with every bone in my body.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Forget the performances

Look at the starting lineups

Look at the players out of position from the start (we were told this would never happen by Pulis)

Look at how we set up to go out and win games (do we even actually DO that?)

It's not the performances that are annoying me personally - I just love watching Wednesday play and can enjoy even a dire match - it's the other stuff 

The stuff that Puiis has said he wont' do that he doess

The stuff that Pulis boasted he'd spotted as wrong but then goes on to do the same

etc etc

It's not anti-pulis - it's just frustrating as hell as it's not even the tricky bits that he's getting me mad at.

It's going out to beat teams, playing players in their natural positions etc

Must admit predictable,poor subs,really expected more from Pulis,think you were right..!!!

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Forget the performances

Look at the starting lineups

Look at the players out of position from the start (we were told this would never happen by Pulis)

Look at how we set up to go out and win games (do we even actually DO that?)

It's not the performances that are annoying me personally - I just love watching Wednesday play and can enjoy even a dire match - it's the other stuff 

The stuff that Puiis has said he wont' do that he doess

The stuff that Pulis boasted he'd spotted as wrong but then goes on to do the same

etc etc

It's not anti-pulis - it's just frustrating as hell as it's not even the tricky bits that he's getting me mad at.

It's going out to beat teams, playing players in their natural positions etc

I don’t agree with the Iorfa in midfield at all, I understand the logic but he’s not good enough on the ball to do that.

I don’t think Paterson himself knows his best position. He’s a right back converted to a striker playing midfield. I don’t think upfront or midfield is his position.

I actually don’t mind Van Aken at left back when we don’t have a recognised one at the club. Better than playing Palmer or Odubajo there, at least he has a left foot.

Do I think Pulis will turn it round? Yes if he is backed in January. No if he’s not. Very disappointing start but I still believe he was the best option available. Which says a lot for how mismanaged we’ve been by the chairman.

Probably the lowest I’ve ever been in 30 years of supporting Wednesday. 

The club is clueless from top to bottom.

Ive now come to accepting us playing poorly and just hoping we can knick a goal. What’s the point? Seriously wasting my weekends now watching that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

But this team and squad was apparently good enough for Monk. We were doing better with him in charge - why change, if nothing changes?

How long do we keep saying, well Pulis might win next week, he's only been here *insert number of games* so he needs time?

Easy to change the management as opposed to a squad of players. Everyone knows it’s the players that aren’t good enough for this level. Why Monk though they were is beyond me. I really don’t think Pulis did his homework on us before agreeing to take over. Got a feeling he will be regretting his decision.

• Like 2

We are an absolute disgrace and deserve to get relegated. 

You will never convince me that the owner isn't picking the team. 

We are awful match after match and yet its the same rubbish getting picked. 

Brown and Bashiru can't get6a start. They can't be worse than the garbage picked. We don't how good or bad they are as they never start a match 

We only have one striker at the club and he can't start a match. 

Why do we sign players on loan and then refuse to play them. This nonsense has been going on ever since Carlos second season. 

Is it any wonder we can't attract decent young players and have to sign players like kachunga etc. 

I'll say it again. 

We absolutely can't get anywhere until the owner leaves the club. 

And now I've read that we've offered contracts to bannen reach and Lees. 

We can't negotiate any contacts until the end of the season because its more than likely we will go down. 

Tom Lees is past it 

Bannen is totally ineffective. He has one good game in ten. 

Reach is the same. 

And then there's the blacklist. 

What a shambles and what has this owner done to our team. 

They are worse now then when I used to go and watch them in the third division. Oh boy we were bad then. 

I've been telling people how things will go for over 4 years now. 

I'm tired of Wednesday and their disgustingly inexplicable man management tactics 

Pulis the puppet is doing exactly as I said he would. 

He doing as he is told. Why else would owner have him as manager? 

• Haha 1

Fans on Praise or Grumble saying 'we just got to get through to January' makes me want to weep

The second you question them about it they just stop in their tracks. 

They dont' know what to say

They can't explain what they've just said

They can't explain to us why the games before January aren't absolutely critical

Owlstalk Shop

1st half poor, to say the least, a powder puff midfield over run & out worked, very poor g/k for both goals, basic mistakes and showed just why we are where we are.

2nd half better and with a bit of luck we could have had a couple of goals, and as we all know, goals change games.

The only good thing is that this is a very poor championship.

Will Pulis keep us up?, I dont know, but look at how some of the manager prefered  over the last 12 months, Houghton, Rowatt, Lowe etc and Cubls are not exactly beating a path to the doors of Cook and Howe.

4 more games for us to bear with to start the change of personal, will it be enough?, who the feck knows.

• Like 1

Different day same shizzle 

Like a lot on here, the actual problems stem from the top of the club. We have no plan there and it permeates through the Club 

We can see the issues on the pitch but I suspect the reality is its heavily influenced by those behind the scenes. 

The Club has been going backwards for 3 years or more now. The cumulative effect of this is us being deservedly bottom of the table and even a January transfer window will do little to stem that tide.

Indeed let's call it quits. Get a manager in that promotes passing football. Search and recruit players that are fit, technically capable and have robust attitudes. 

We are papering cracks otherwise