SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY vs BARNSLEY - Post Match Reaction thread - what did you think of today?

We have changed managers numerous times, players have left, brought players in with lesser ability. But we still have the same outcome. Bannon and Reach are the the two players with the most ability but is it time to rip the plaster off and if possible offload them in the January window and start again with a new identity for the team. ?

It's almost as if Pulis is playing players in the wrong position to force the chairman's hand in january for new recruits and it's going to be our downfall.

Coventry, who we play very soon, are one of the form teams. You can't tell me they have SUCH a superior team to us? Barnsley are 13th. Luton 11th. Same goes for them

No. They all have a manager that plays the right players in the right places with the right setup for their abilities

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fans on Praise or Grumble saying 'we just got to get through to January' makes me want to weep

The second you question them about it they just stop in their tracks. 

They dont' know what to say

They can't explain what they've just said

They can't explain to us why the games before January aren't absolutely critical

By the time we get to the end of January, which is when we'll likely bring any new players in, the gap between us & safety will be huge. Things need to change now, the end of January will be too late.

Merson was covering the Forest game on Sky and said they don’t look a bad side. Sounds ominous for us then. 

Surely TP has to try something different now. Give Rhodes a start alongside Windass to at least give the opposition defence something to worry about. Forest must be as short on confidence as we are and clearly Hughton isn’t bringing about any instant improvement either. If there was ever a game for Pulis to go for it, this is it. Three points against them would be a massive boost for confidence. Lose and things will be looking very bleak. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Easy to change the management as opposed to a squad of players. Everyone knows it’s the players that aren’t good enough for this level. Why Monk though they were is beyond me. I really don’t think Pulis did his homework on us before agreeing to take over. Got a feeling he will be regretting his decision.

I'm not convinced it's not a last hoorah and payday for Pulis.

11 minutes ago, Plonk said:

I wanted monk out. I didn’t want Pulis. But at least I thought he would get us working and organised. But it’s a different day but the same farm yard. I honestly don’t know where we go from here. 

The team was this^ for the 1st 5 games under Pulis, we were the hardest team to play against in the league, conceding few goals with a hard working and organised midfield, then the newness wore off and the players reverted to type and for the less 3 games we have conceded as many goals, or more, than the previous 5 together.

This has been the constant for the last 5 years, each time we have changed the manager the same pattern has happened, We picked up under Jos for the first games under him to manage to avoid relegation, then it happened, same when Bruce came, and when Monk came.

There's a pattern appearing here, due to lack of judicious work in the transfer market, we always seemed to bring in player who were over the hill, injured and lacking any desire to win.

If I had any hair left, I would be pulling it out.

• Like 1

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

The team was this^ for the 1st 5 games under Pulis, we were the hardest team to play against in the league, conceding few goals with a hard working and organised midfield, then the newness wore off and the players reverted to type and for the less 3 games we have conceded as many goals, or more, than the previous 5 together.

This has been the constant for the last 5 years, each time we have changed the manager the same pattern has happened, We picked up under Jos for the first games under him to manage to avoid relegation, then it happened, same when Bruce came, and when Monk came.

There's a pattern appearing here, due to lack of judicious work in the transfer market, we always seemed to bring in player who were over the hill, injured and lacking any desire to win.

If I had any hair left, I would be pulling it out.

I hear what you're saying but we've changed the CEO, Manager, Coaching Staff AND players in that time

AND even the medical staff!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Pulis said he would be honest with Chansiri and tell it to him straight. If this is really true the conversation should be along the lines of...

”Mr Chasiri, I’m a Manager who’s outdated tactics and style are no longer abler to deliver success in the modern game” etc etc

Let’s  see if he’s a man of his word. 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Forget the performances

Look at the starting lineups

Look at the players out of position from the start (we were told this would never happen by Pulis)

Look at how we set up to go out and win games (do we even actually DO that?)

It's not the performances that are annoying me personally - I just love watching Wednesday play and can enjoy even a dire match - it's the other stuff 

The stuff that Puiis has said he wont' do that he doess

The stuff that Pulis boasted he'd spotted as wrong but then goes on to do the same

etc etc

It's not anti-pulis - it's just frustrating as hell as it's not even the tricky bits that he's getting me mad at.

It's going out to beat teams, playing players in their natural positions etc

Disagree with a fair bit you post but you're absolutely spot on here  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

It's almost as if Pulis is playing players in the wrong position to force the chairman's hand in january for new recruits and it's going to be our downfall.

Coventry, who we play very soon, are one of the form teams. You can't tell me they have SUCH a superior team to us? Barnsley are 13th. Luton 11th. Same goes for them

No. They all have a manager that plays the right players in the right places with the right setup for their abilities

These aren't really Pulis-type players, but you might have a point.

The ones we had we let go.

We're still only four points off safety, and we just have to aim to finish fourth-bottom at the end of the season.

I'm not writing us off just yet.

Let's see what happens in January.