England men's fixtures omdt.

11 minutes ago, Lowry said:

Sterling must suffer from amnesia when he plays for England. 

How can one man be so outstanding for his club but woeful for his country 

I’ve never been convinced he’s top class. Bit of a flat track bully who bags goals in convincing wins against Norwich but rarely makes the difference in the biggest games. Tends to go missing against Liverpool and Man U, looks like the grief from opposing fans genuinely gets to him.

Was good in the euros though I concede 

6 minutes ago, swfcAH said:

How Southgates still England manager after 6 years is honestly insane

A World Cup semi final and European championship final are the reasons why, things however have run there natural course and I expect an England group stage/last sixteen World Cup exit followed by a Southgate exit. 

Probably make the semi’s/final in Qatar now.

22 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I’ve never been convinced he’s top class. Bit of a flat track bully who bags goals in convincing wins against Norwich but rarely makes the difference in the biggest games. Tends to go missing against Liverpool and Man U, looks like the grief from opposing fans genuinely gets to him.

Was good in the euros though I concede 

This ^^^^  all day long 

• Like 2

It’s a joke when you think about it. Southgate, Holland & Chris Powell, really? This is the managerial team we’ve entrusted to take us to hopeful glory? We need a far better coaching set up. 2 manager jobs for Southgate and relegated in both (nations league and Middlesbrough) We’ve fluked through the last two major tournaments through weak opposition and fortunate circumstances, then crumbled against anyone half decent. He even set up pragmatically against weaker opposition and I can’t recall any real standout performances 

It’ll be the same this WC. Sneak past Iran and the yanks unconvincingly, then get schooled by the top nations 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

It’s a joke when you think about it. Southgate, Holland & Chris Powell, really? This is the managerial team we’ve entrusted to take us to hopeful glory? We need a far better coaching set up. 2 manager jobs for Southgate and relegated in both (nations league and Middlesbrough) We’ve fluked through the last two major tournaments through weak opposition and fortunate circumstances, then crumbled against anyone half decent. He even set up pragmatically against weaker opposition and I can’t recall any real standout performances 

It’ll be the same this WC. Sneak past Iran and the yanks unconvincingly, then get schooled by the top nations 

I can see us buggering it up against Iran, they're bloody hard to play against, know how to win under pressure.