England men's fixtures omdt.

11 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Fatigue.

No proper break since Aug 2020.

4 games in 10 days. 
They simply couldn’t be arsed. 
Not the greatest confidence booster 24 hours after paying for World Cup tickets 😂 but November will be a different story. Only booking flights for group stage & R16 matches though 😂

Plus none of the big nations care about the Nations Cup

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

"Hey now Hey now" don't think you can go out enjoying yourself fancy pants and expect us all to "Fall at your Feet" n listen to your "Whispers & Moans" because you didn't get to see the game ....

lol

I was led Into Temptation, I am afraid, so don't be Mean to Me.

I was surprised that we conceded Four Goals in One Day

Edited by OxonOwl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/06/2022 at 21:39, danblakemore said:

Stop giving caps to players who clearly aren’t good enough. It’s that simple.

just cos they’ve had 5 or 6 good premier league games doesn’t mean they are capable of playing for England. 

Gallagher  - no

Bowen - no

Ramsdale - no

Saka - no

5 or 6 good games? Bowen has had an unbelievable start to life in the prem, his 2 years at West Ham have been to a consistent high level, it's really not 5 or 6 good games for him is it. Same with Gallagher, he's been superb all season. It's refreshing to see players picked on their form actually, as these 2 have been standout english players in the prem this season apart from Kane. Both done more than Mount, Grealish, Foden, Sterling, so i think it's unfair on them 2. 

I would give Southgate the WC though. His last 2 tournaments have built him up enough credit to have this WC too. Bigger picture is our players have played at the highest standard of domestic football for 9 months, and most of the squad have gone deep into European football too. They must be shattered, and let's be fair the nations league doesn't really have any impact on qualifying for major competitions, they're glorified friendlies stuck in a league format. It was a horrendous showing, but they deserve a break it's an extra 4 games on top of a 50+ game season for the lads who have gone deep into europe/fa cup. We'll snooze our way into the quarters anyway, easiest group on the planet then either Senegal, Holland, Qatar or Ecuador in the round of 16. Any manager can get us to the last 8 with that run 

44 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I would give Southgate the WC though. His last 2 tournaments have built him up enough credit to have this WC too. Bigger picture is our players have played at the highest standard of domestic football for 9 months, and most of the squad have gone deep into European football too. They must be shattered, and let's be fair the nations league doesn't really have any impact on qualifying for major competitions, they're glorified friendlies stuck in a league format. It was a horrendous showing, but they deserve a break it's an extra 4 games on top of a 50+ game season for the lads who have gone deep into europe/fa cup. We'll snooze our way into the quarters anyway, easiest group on the planet then either Senegal, Holland, Qatar or Ecuador in the round of 16. Any manager can get us to the last 8 with that run 

Let's have a look at this fallacy of footballers being tired.

They play football once, sometimes twice a week and train for a few hours a day in between.  If they are tired it is down to overtraining.

What I can subscribe to, is players carrying injuries and not getting the recuperation they need to recover.

• Like 1

Didn't see the Hungary game, but thoughts are not much changed. Think we'll make quarters and go out to France, outside chance of winning it if draw falls kindly. 

As mentioned Southgate has enough credit in the bank, he's excellent at building the atmosphere and getting rid of that 90s vibe that was going, but tactically is wanting. 

Really like what I've seen from Bowen, worry is he fades and the positivity is coached out of him like Saka, Rashford and Sancho who don't seem interested in running at players now. 

As a total a side, how big are squads for the world Cup? 23 or sticking at 26?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

Let's have a look at this fallacy of footballers being tired.

They play football once, sometimes twice a week and train for a few hours a day in between.  If they are tired it is down to overtraining.

What I can subscribe to, is players carrying injuries and not getting the recuperation they need to recover.

We are not talking physically tired, we are talking about the mental checkout and mental fatigue after a long and competitive season. 

I can fully imagine players zoning out or not having the concentration to follow the game plan and instructions they have been given.

Remember , whilst we feel being a footballer and playing for England is the most amazing thing in the world, at this stage for the likes of Kane, Maguire, Sterling etc  it's just a job you really like mostly, but like anyone else who does a job , they need a holiday from it. These players just haven't had that decent break for about three seasons. 

The carrying injuries and no recuperation thing I fully agree with. 

Edited by Bannofan

20 hours ago, 0742 said:

Not everything is 'left vs right' why can't you accept that some people don't enjoy the football England have played under Southgate, why do some always have to make about more than the end product being served up?!

The guy would struggle to get a job back at Middlesborough is he was fired from the England job. Last night was tactically inept. 

I think if Southgate left England, having taken them to a semi final then a final in consecutive major championships, he would be very sought after all over the continent. 

That 'we '  as football fans on the internet think he has been tactically inept is neither her nor there - it's an opinion we are entitled to have but no way do we have more tactical nounce than Gareth Southgate and his team of coaches. 

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

I think if Southgate left England, having taken them to a semi final then a final in consecutive major championships, he would be very sought after all over the continent. 

That 'we '  as football fans on the internet think he has been tactically inept is neither her nor there - it's an opinion we are entitled to have but no way do we have more tactical nounce than Gareth Southgate and his team of coaches. 

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

i don't think any major teams would be after him.

I would mainly agree that him and his coaches have more tactical knowledge than us mere mortals, but would love to know the reasoning behind taking Saka off and replacing with Maguire while losing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, duncanidaho said:

i don't think any major teams would be after him.

I would mainly agree that him and his coaches have more tactical knowledge than us mere mortals, but would love to know the reasoning behind taking Saka off and replacing with Maguire while losing.

More likely he would end up in the Middle East or possibly Asia

3 hours ago, Bannofan said:

We are not talking physically tired, we are talking about the mental checkout and mental fatigue after a long and competitive season. 

I can fully imagine players zoning out or not having the concentration to follow the game plan and instructions they have been given.

Remember , whilst we feel being a footballer and playing for England is the most amazing thing in the world, at this stage for the likes of Kane, Maguire, Sterling etc  it's just a job you really like mostly, but like anyone else who does a job , they need a holiday from it. These players just haven't had that decent break for about three seasons. 

The carrying injuries and no recuperation thing I fully agree with. 

Mental fatigue and checkout after a long season kicking a ball around with your mates on sh!tloads of money?  Are you fishing for a response?  if you are, ok here goes...

Try working a minimum wage job, trying to pay rent, feed and clothe your family etc.  Then talk to us about mental fatigue and stress over a year.

As you can tell I have little sympathy for these footballers and the way they are talked about needing rest and a holiday after a long season.  I absolutely understand that they have different pressures and stress, but at the level we are talking about and the wages involved, kicking a ball around for a living looks like a nice option to me.

2 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

Mental fatigue and checkout after a long season kicking a ball around with your mates on sh!tloads of money?  Are you fishing for a response?  if you are, ok here goes...

Try working a minimum wage job, trying to pay rent, feed and clothe your family etc.  Then talk to us about mental fatigue and stress over a year.

As you can tell I have little sympathy for these footballers and the way they are talked about needing rest and a holiday after a long season.  I absolutely understand that they have different pressures and stress, but at the level, we are talking about and the wages involved, kicking a ball around for a living looks like a nice option to me.

Good post.

stress is what our daughter is going through looking after vulnerable kids travelling round in her car thinking that if petrol gets any more expensive her travel allowance won't cover what she's spending on petrol meaning she has to spend more of her wages she can't afford just to do her job.

Season starts in 8 weeks bet it won't stop these tired players getting on a plane to play in some far flung land for megabucks.

10 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

I absolutely understand that they have different pressures and stress, but at the level we are talking about and the wages involved, kicking a ball around for a living looks like a nice option to me.

That reads to me like the minimum you expect from them is the ability to kick a ball around.

To me, that is exactly what they have shown over the last 4 games.

I’m no great defender of professional footballers.  Practically to a man they are all cheats and should spend the majority of each season suspended.

But let’s bear in mind that the 19/20 season was disrupted by covid and extended with players having to drop out and be replaced at short notice.

The 20/21 season began without a proper pre-season break and was again disrupted by covid and then we had the run to the delayed Euro final.

Since 2020 we have had Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool who provide a large proportion of our national team players all reaching European finals as well.

Fatigue is real.  Paying disgustingly eye watering wages doesn’t change that.  Perhaps we should bring in a wage cap to prevent the exorbitant wages?

13 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just bought 2 x 3rd group game tickets v Wales at £57 each, Cat 3, after a technical delay due to FIFA admin.

That's a ticket for all our games, as long as we're in it. 👍

Dare we ask how.much its costing to get there.