BREAKING NEWS - Chansiri to speak to the media on Thursday

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

That’s a separate point. Whether we have spent money wisely or played P&S we haven’t.

But we have paid all those players and not gone under. Despite losing how many millions? As a business it’s not great or sustainable but that has applied to many clubs, so by stable I mean someone who has covered these losses continually without suddenly bailing. 

Yet

19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Yet

That could apply to anyone at any club in the championship. 

We could get taken over tomorrow by Sheik Megabucks and he could bail a season or two later. I don’t get that impression from DC given how he has had plenty of reason to give up in recent years.

If fans want us to be in a position whereby the club doesn’t make any losses at all and can operate truly sustainably then we need to be at least a division lower than we are now. That’s football now unfortunately.

I have a huge issue with P&S and how they have been put in place to hold second tier clubs back. They don’t make any profit or sustainability. DCs major ongoing flaw has been the failure to deal with those financial rules as it’s given us the mindset of a club struggling financially when it is not the case. 

17 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Would there be any gain in administration to him? If he is resigned to us going down anyway maybe he'd take an extra deduction now. 

Only if he wanted to lose pretty much everything he put into it. He could earn more by managing costs and selling on his own terms in due course 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Would there be any gain in administration to him? If he is resigned to us going down anyway maybe he'd take an extra deduction now. 

We have no external creditors (that I know of) so it'd be pointless going into administration.

• Like 1

I hope it's that joke with Chinese in charge of supplies jumping up, yelling "Surprise!" and Chansiri saying it was all a joke and now we'll start the season for real and by magic the whole team is fit and well and playing world class football and ready to p$ss the league.

Well, one can hope, even if it kills you.lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Manwë said:

We have no external creditors (that I know of) so it'd be pointless going into administration.

Not if he doesn’t want to keep paying the bills it wouldn’t be 

Game Over 

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The owner and staff (of all businesses) knows that's never right.

Yes.

Mind you, if Chansiri is going to tell us to get off Monk's back, that could be a good sign.

By allowing him to bring in his own backroom staff and players, he's publicly endorsed him.

It clearly hasn't worked, and he's got it wrong (again dad).

He doesn't want to lose face, and he needs someone to blame.

I think he'll tell us to get off Monk's back.

That won't happen, then he'll say he had to sack him because the complaints were getting to the manager and players and affecting results etc.

I think he employed a similar routine with Carlos, although that held more water because the fans were attending games.

• Like 1