BREAKING NEWS - Chansiri to speak to the media on Thursday

23 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

For what it’s worth I don’t think there is an announcement planned per se

I think this is the Chairman stepping up and showing a bit of leadership in a time of darkness for SWFC

Just giving a bit of re-assurance that he’s still committed and invested in the success of the club

You might be right mate but I’ve been giving this some thought and the more I think about it I suspect there is going to be some sort of announcement?

I look at it like this, Howson was the only local journalist given a platform earlier in the year with DC and all the others particularly Radio Sheffield certainly had a problem with this.

Now I’m pretty sure there is no love lost

between DC and Andy Giddings in particular? The press conference is open to all and Giddings will be the first trying to dig his trotters into DC and if he does I hope DC has someone alongside him because it could easily become a car crash as I think frustration and his less than fluent English will make it hard for DC to get his points across?

Knowing that some journalists are going to be there that are going to give him a hard time suggests to me he has some form of announcement up his sleeve to fan the flames before they start. If he hasn’t got one, Thursday night on here will be interesting as I can see a lot of flak coming DC’s way particularly if we lose tonight and he says he’s sticking with the hapless Monk?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Billque said:

I think it will be one of three topics.

1 News re the EFL appeal.

2 Sacking of the manager

3  He is looking to sell the club because of all the grief from the fans.

As meat loaf said two out of three ain't bad... hopefully point 2  is definitely one of them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 83owl said:

I'm not too sure about that. We still have a huge wage bill and are paying 25k a week to Cheadles director of football 25k a week to a very average centre back in Tom Lees and 30?k a week to a striker who was good 5 years ago, we have a poor squad with the only saleable asset of real value is Iorfa, no players coming through the youth ranks that look like they will make the step up, no history of being able to improve and sell players, poor commercial income, dwindling fanbase and we have exhausted every loophole possible for injecting money into the club. 

That’s a separate point. Whether we have spent money wisely or played P&S we haven’t.

But we have paid all those players and not gone under. Despite losing how many millions? As a business it’s not great or sustainable but that has applied to many clubs, so by stable I mean someone who has covered these losses continually without suddenly bailing. 

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What grief?

A few nutters on Twitter saying he should be doing better?

Yes he should be doing better !! There is no communication with the fans, until, as now, the poo hits the fan.The club is in a sorry state now, with all the fans slagging everybody. The atmosphere is terrible, just as well nobody can watch the team play, because you can imagine the reception the team would receive tonight !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Initially, had his plan worked, he would have.

Had he gone up and sold immediately perhaps. 

But as the tv money takes a year to arrive he’d have had to spend like Villa did to keep us there and then keep that going. As Ashley has found out at NUFC it’s a very difficult balance to keep a club up and try and sell for a profit.

DC is conkers deep whichever way it plays out 

You don’t sack a manager by holding a press conference, so I can’t imagine it’s that. I doubt we can even afford to sack him anyhow.

When he wants to speak to us fans, he usually releases a statement at about 11.45pm on a Saturday night and gets posted on our official site.

My guess it’s something quite serious to have the national media called. Got to be something to do with our appeal / takeover or dare I say it, administration?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

sorry, i have to disagree

10 year season ticket ideas for a start

more detail will come to light when the accounts finally get published, i am veering towards unhealthy financially until proven otherwise 

Anything like that is a worry. But it always seems a way to skew P&S to me, short termism.

But given that hardly anyone bought one of those and we haven’t gone bust and the owner covers the gap anyway. Then we are not in danger unless his stance changes.

If a club wants to be truly financially stable they need to go and operate in leagues one and two (with gate receipts). So I say stable in the sense that DC isn’t the fly by night type.