Garry Monk chose the new signings. The Chairman has fully backed Garry Monk this season

Culpability lies with a few people. There’s no a lot that can be done at this stage but something has to be. The obvious one is to try and convince someone else to come in as manager and have a go with this shower of poo, no point sacking him until that’s done. 
Is this all Monk’s fault? Of course not but he’s the obvious and most vulnerable to be replaced.

4 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We couldn’t even afford to keep Fletcher and Fox.

We signed free agent rejects like Kachunga and Dunkley. 

And some on here still think Chansiri is going to spend millions or replace Monk with a proven championship manager 

Yet we spaffed not inconsiderable sums on Windass and Paterson

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Culpability lies with a few people. There’s no a lot that can be done at this stage but something has to be. The obvious one is to try and convince someone else to come in as manager and have a go with this shower of poo, no point sacking him until that’s done. 
Is this all Monk’s fault? Of course not but he’s the obvious and most vulnerable to be replaced.

At the moment, and as it stands, and with what would be left afterwards, Sheffield Wednesday FC sacking Monk is like Peter Sutcliffe swapping his rusty broken hammer for a brand new shiny one

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

This is so true

The biggest investment should always be the calibre of manager

I don't care what anyone says though - the ONLY reason any manager of any note would come here right now would purely be CASH and that's the absolute worst reason to employ any manager

Cash, the challenge, and how much they would increase there own value as a manager by getting us out of this sh it show! The chance to get a club like Wednesday into the prem must be attractive to some decent managers.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*knock on chairmans door*

"Good afternoon Mr Chansiri"

"Right Gary, Come in, sit down. We are here today to discuss who you think we should sign for next season"

"Ah great! That's good Mr Chairman - let's do this!"

"Now as you know I'm absolutely MINTED and it's only the EFL/FFP stopping me doing a massive SPENDAGEDDON but even so I'm so loaded it's unbelievable and even better, I'm putting all my own money in so that should guarantee respect from all the fans too!"

"Great!"

"So Garry - what I want you to do is give me an idea of who we should sign to get us out of this point deduction thing. You can have ANYONE. REmember I'm minted and loaded so I'll get you anyone you like"

"Great that sounds amazing!!"

"Right.. Let's start... so this dream team you want to assemble. Let me know which players and I"ll use my contacts, my skills as a chairman but most importantly all that money that I  have and I'll go get them for you"

"OK that's awesome.. well let's start with my number one target Chey Dunkley. He's a natural born leader, a great player and I want him to be the one to captain the side and lead us to victory!!"

"Ok - I'll go get him for you Garry - with all my money and wonga that won't be an issue because remember I"M LOADED!!!! It's only the EFL stopping me spending my money!!"

"yeah yeah you've said that Mr Chairman"

"You   you want this player then? I'll get on the phone and get him, using all my spending power and money?"

"Yep - I'm sure"

"Hang on.. didn't Dunkley suffer a double leg break last February???"

"Yes Mr Chairman but I think he should he top of the list of players to sign!"

"Yeah but he's not played a single second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February??!!"

"yes but trust me I think he should be our main signing this summer"

"Hang on... hasn't he got MASSIVE METAL RODS In his leg????"

"Well yes but he's definitely the one I want Mr Chansiri"

"A player with a leg broken in two places, who's not played since February, with big metal rods in his leg???"

"Yep - would be a great signing!!"

"But you can have ANYONE Garry. I'm LOADED me - got loads of money. Cash rich I am. I"m MINTED - you can pick anyone you want in football!!"

"Nope it's definitely Chey double leg break, not played since february, metal rods in his leg Dunkley I want"

"Well okaaaayyyyy Garry - then I shall fully back you and go get him for you"

Come on now...

Anyone thinking Monk has been 'backed' this summer needs to stop, think and reassess  their position

Criticise Monk's strategy, tactics, man management, starting lineups, substitutions etc - that's totally right, fair and reasonable

But let's not be trying to suggest that Monk's been 'backed' this summer or that he's picked the players we have got at SWFC.

Hang on didn't Monk say the club had been very clever in its dealings? Sounds like Monk has been backed too much to me. Got his players, got his staff and we've got worse.

Monk Out!

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Most of it is Monk’s fault, until he insisted on changing things, we were chugging along quite nicely in the championship

• Like 2

Stop trying to excuse sheer ineptness.

This might not be the greatest group of players, but they are capable of producing better performances than this. Every single one of them was signed from a team in or recently in the Championship. You also have zero proof that these signings were *forced* upon Monk. 

Utter bo11ocks.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, meggoisgod said:

Hang on didn't Monk say the club had been very clever in its dealings? Sounds like Monk has been backed too much to me.  

Yep

When Dunkley hopped into the ground, with his legs setting off the metal detectors, that was clear evidence we'd given Garry Monk TOO much backing

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, whowantstoberich said:

Getting a proven championship manager in, whatever the cost, would be the best investment he could ever make.

It would but do you see DC putting the money up to make it happen?

Any proven manager at this level would want good money to come here when the likelihood is he’s going to end up with a relegation on his CV.

And it’s probably already too late to get someone in time for the Bournemouth and Millwall games this week

• Thanks 1

There will always be a debate about player quality, but this squad is better than current performances. 

I defy anyone to look at Luton, Rotherham and Wycombe's squad and claim it's better than ours (with a straight face). 

Monk's record is indefensible. Yes, the owner can be subjected to scrutiny, but don't accept it excuses Monks performance, or used to justify him remaining in the job. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*knock on chairmans door*

"Good afternoon Mr Chansiri"

"Right Gary, Come in, sit down. We are here today to discuss who you think we should sign for next season"

"Ah great! That's good Mr Chairman - let's do this!"

"Now as you know I'm absolutely MINTED and it's only the EFL/FFP stopping me doing a massive SPENDAGEDDON but even so I'm so loaded it's unbelievable and even better, I'm putting all my own money in so that should guarantee respect from all the fans too!"

"Great!"

"So Garry - what I want you to do is give me an idea of who we should sign to get us out of this point deduction thing. You can have ANYONE. REmember I'm minted and loaded so I'll get you anyone you like"

"Great that sounds amazing!!"

"Right.. Let's start... so this dream team you want to assemble. Let me know which players and I"ll use my contacts, my skills as a chairman but most importantly all that money that I  have and I'll go get them for you"

"OK that's awesome.. well let's start with my number one target Chey Dunkley. He's a natural born leader, a great player and I want him to be the one to captain the side and lead us to victory!!"

"Ok - I'll go get him for you Garry - with all my money and wonga that won't be an issue because remember I"M LOADED!!!! It's only the EFL stopping me spending my money!!"

"yeah yeah you've said that Mr Chairman"

"You   you want this player then? I'll get on the phone and get him, using all my spending power and money?"

"Yep - I'm sure"

"Hang on.. didn't Dunkley suffer a double leg break last February???"

"Yes Mr Chairman but I think he should he top of the list of players to sign!"

"Yeah but he's not played a single second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February??!!"

"yes but trust me I think he should be our main signing this summer"

"Hang on... hasn't he got MASSIVE METAL RODS In his leg????"

"Well yes but he's definitely the one I want Mr Chansiri"

"A player with a leg broken in two places, who's not played since February, with big metal rods in his leg???"

"Yep - would be a great signing!!"

"But you can have ANYONE Garry. I'm LOADED me - got loads of money. Cash rich I am. I"m MINTED - you can pick anyone you want in football!!"

"Nope it's definitely Chey double leg break, not played since february, metal rods in his leg Dunkley I want"

"Well okaaaayyyyy Garry - then I shall fully back you and go get him for you"

Come on now...

Anyone thinking Monk has been 'backed' this summer needs to stop, think and reassess  their position

Criticise Monk's strategy, tactics, man management, starting lineups, substitutions etc - that's totally right, fair and reasonable

But let's not be trying to suggest that Monk's been 'backed' this summer or that he's picked the players we have got at SWFC.

Well, I have backed Monk while he has been here, he inherited a poisoned Chalice from the previous manager's of ageing injury prone players/Squad.

If he has chosen todays players then he is to accept the resulting critisism, but if the players are the second best the club could get?.

I cannot see him being dismissed just yet, but the next set of incoming players have to be pacy players, both physically and mentaly.

• Thanks 1