Garry Monk chose the new signings. The Chairman has fully backed Garry Monk this season

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

It would but do you see DC putting the money up to make it happen?

Any proven manager at this level would want good money to come here when the likelihood is he’s going to end up with a relegation on his CV.

And it’s probably already too late to get someone in time for the Bournemouth and Millwall games this week

Well he does seem to like throwing money at problems, so throw it at the main man in charge and make it a good one. 

There is still time for a decent manager to save the season.

If we was already a play off team, you could say why would a decent manager come in, they are going to look crap if they fail to get us up. Whilst we are at rock bottom, they only have to keep us up this season and they have become a miracle worker in the fans eyes, then push on from there.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"This might not be the greatest group of players"

We signed a player with a leg broken in two places and big metal rods in it

lol

Yes, but that's not every player, Neil.

And it doesn't in some way excuse what we are seeing on the pitch right now.

Talk about conflating things.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Most of it is Monk’s fault, until he insisted on changing things, we were chugging along quite nicely in the championship

Of course, the situation we find ourselves in today can be traced all the way back to Charterhouse. It’s been a long and slow death but decades of mismanagement off the field have contributed significantly  to us having the poorest squad I’ve seen.

Monk is just the current incumbent we can all (legitimately) point the finger at to some degree.

Forget about results since Christmas.

Judge Monk now he has his own players and backroom staff.

Let Beattie work his magic on our strikers.

Let the new goalkeeping coach improve our keepers.

The keepers Monk clearly stated we were going with.

No more excuses.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At the moment, and as it stands, and with what would be left afterwards, Sheffield Wednesday FC sacking Monk is like Peter Sutcliffe swapping his rusty broken hammer for a brand new shiny one

In my opinion he is both tactically inept and clearly unable to motivate. If we can get someone in who can do at least one of them then at least that’s an upgrade to a bigger hammer.

• Like 1

Garry Monk

"The ones we've recruited, they are from a certain bracket which we've had to work smartly with.

"They've all got those characteristics to go with the ones I've kept here who I feel have those characteristics. If you put them in the right environment, they will grow and that's what I'm after.

What this thread highlights is just how much people refuse to see the TRUTH in order to just attack Garry Monk

Look at the replies so far

People crying like babies that they can't twist this signing to fit their views of Monk

It's absolutely pathetic

Nobody is up for discussing how we managed to get a player with a leg broken in two places, with metal rods in his leg, to pass a medical and whether or not it was one of the players on Monk's MUST BUY list and his first choice of player

Let's not deflect, distract and try to to take the thread off topic

Let's talk about whether or not a player with a leg broken in two places was Monk's first choice or not

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wrong thread mate - this isn't about backroom staff

...ahh presumably the budget set by the chairman on players comes from a different budget for back room staff...because that’s how the finances work. So Monk has been given poor quality tools not the ones he wanted and the back room tools aren’t the ones Monk actually wanted. Now I understand.