Garry Monk chose the new signings. The Chairman has fully backed Garry Monk this season

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Could be a number  of reasons mate really

Could be 'here's a player - you can take him or have nobody'

Could be that Dunkley is in some way linked to an agent or deal that could land Monk loads of wonga (not saying that is at all the case)

Could be that he wanted to risk it and gamble that he would be fit

Either way - the club's processes should be that no manager or chairman is ever able to sign a player with a leg broken in two places and metal rods in it

Thats them both gone then . Perfect resolution for the majority on here. 😂

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Mate - we just signed a player with his leg broken in two places, with metal rods in is leg, who hasnt' played a second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February 

Dont' even get me started on how he passed a medical

Maybe he’s going to be the new crossbar?

In terms of Dunkley, there must have been a reason for signing him. Maybe his wages were deferred until he recovered?

It was common knowledge that he had two bone fractures and a metal rod when we offered him a contract. He only had the rod removed in early October so he'll be on a programme to return. Whether this was the right signing is questionable, and at the moment doesn't look very sensible. 

He'll be ok in L1 though.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Not the brightest signing?

Why is nobody else other than me questioning it?

How did he pass a medical?

Why have we signed him knowing he won't be playing for us/the manager?

Who signed off the cheque to pay for this signing and why?

'not the brightest signing' - WTF?!?!?

I know nothing about Dunkley the player

What I do know is I suffered a quadruple leg break (double tibia, double fibia) and dislocation of my ankle 2 years ago and have many bits of metal in my leg.

2 years ago

About 3 weeks ago I suffered a sprain on the same ankle and was recommended to go to hospital for xrays to check.

Every single nurse said given the extent of the injury they were surprised I was running so soon.

2 years later.

Now, I'm no professional sportsman, medical expert or football manager but it is, by all intents and purposes, a mad signing especially given the defenders we have, and subsequently brought in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

*knock on chairmans door*

"Good afternoon Mr Chansiri"

"Right Gary, Come in, sit down. We are here today to discuss who you think we should sign for next season"

"Ah great! That's good Mr Chairman - let's do this!"

"Now as you know I'm absolutely MINTED and it's only the EFL/FFP stopping me doing a massive SPENDAGEDDON but even so I'm so loaded it's unbelievable and even better, I'm putting all my own money in so that should guarantee respect from all the fans too!"

"Great!"

"So Garry - what I want you to do is give me an idea of who we should sign to get us out of this point deduction thing. You can have ANYONE. REmember I'm minted and loaded so I'll get you anyone you like"

"Great that sounds amazing!!"

"Right.. Let's start... so this dream team you want to assemble. Let me know which players and I"ll use my contacts, my skills as a chairman but most importantly all that money that I  have and I'll go get them for you"

"OK that's awesome.. well let's start with my number one target Chey Dunkley. He's a natural born leader, a great player and I want him to be the one to captain the side and lead us to victory!!"

"Ok - I'll go get him for you Garry - with all my money and wonga that won't be an issue because remember I"M LOADED!!!! It's only the EFL stopping me spending my money!!"

"yeah yeah you've said that Mr Chairman"

"You   you want this player then? I'll get on the phone and get him, using all my spending power and money?"

"Yep - I'm sure"

"Hang on.. didn't Dunkley suffer a double leg break last February???"

"Yes Mr Chairman but I think he should he top of the list of players to sign!"

"Yeah but he's not played a single second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February??!!"

"yes but trust me I think he should be our main signing this summer"

"Hang on... hasn't he got MASSIVE METAL RODS In his leg????"

"Well yes but he's definitely the one I want Mr Chansiri"

"A player with a leg broken in two places, who's not played since February, with big metal rods in his leg???"

"Yep - would be a great signing!!"

"But you can have ANYONE Garry. I'm LOADED me - got loads of money. Cash rich I am. I"m MINTED - you can pick anyone you want in football!!"

"Nope it's definitely Chey double leg break, not played since february, metal rods in his leg Dunkley I want"

"Well okaaaayyyyy Garry - then I shall fully back you and go get him for you"

Come on now...

Anyone thinking Monk has been 'backed' this summer needs to stop, think and reassess their position

GARRY MONK NEEDS TO GO - We all agree on this point.

Criticise Monk's strategy, tactics, man management, starting lineups, substitutions etc - that's totally right, fair and reasonable

But let's not be trying to suggest that Monk's been 'backed' this summer or that he's picked the players we have got at SWFC.

So basically you're saying the club is bent and being run by con artists?