Garry Monk chose the new signings. The Chairman has fully backed Garry Monk this season

*knock on chairmans door*

"Good afternoon Mr Chansiri"

"Right Gary, Come in, sit down. We are here today to discuss who you think we should sign for next season"

"Ah great! That's good Mr Chairman - let's do this!"

"Now as you know I'm absolutely MINTED and it's only the EFL/FFP stopping me doing a massive SPENDAGEDDON but even so I'm so loaded it's unbelievable and even better, I'm putting all my own money in so that should guarantee respect from all the fans too!"

"Great!"

"So Garry - what I want you to do is give me an idea of who we should sign to get us out of this point deduction thing. You can have ANYONE. REmember I'm minted and loaded so I'll get you anyone you like"

"Great that sounds amazing!!"

"Right.. Let's start... so this dream team you want to assemble. Let me know which players and I"ll use my contacts, my skills as a chairman but most importantly all that money that I  have and I'll go get them for you"

"OK that's awesome.. well let's start with my number one target Chey Dunkley. He's a natural born leader, a great player and I want him to be the one to captain the side and lead us to victory!!"

"Ok - I'll go get him for you Garry - with all my money and wonga that won't be an issue because remember I"M LOADED!!!! It's only the EFL stopping me spending my money!!"

"yeah yeah you've said that Mr Chairman"

"You   you want this player then? I'll get on the phone and get him, using all my spending power and money?"

"Yep - I'm sure"

"Hang on.. didn't Dunkley suffer a double leg break last February???"

"Yes Mr Chairman but I think he should he top of the list of players to sign!"

"Yeah but he's not played a single second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February??!!"

"yes but trust me I think he should be our main signing this summer"

"Hang on... hasn't he got MASSIVE METAL RODS In his leg????"

"Well yes but he's definitely the one I want Mr Chansiri"

"A player with a leg broken in two places, who's not played since February, with big metal rods in his leg???"

"Yep - would be a great signing!!"

"But you can have ANYONE Garry. I'm LOADED me - got loads of money. Cash rich I am. I"m MINTED - you can pick anyone you want in football!!"

"Nope it's definitely Chey double leg break, not played since february, metal rods in his leg Dunkley I want"

"Well okaaaayyyyy Garry - then I shall fully back you and go get him for you"

Come on now...

Anyone thinking Monk has been 'backed' this summer needs to stop, think and reassess their position

GARRY MONK NEEDS TO GO - We all agree on this point.

Criticise Monk's strategy, tactics, man management, starting lineups, substitutions etc - that's totally right, fair and reasonable

But let's not be trying to suggest that Monk's been 'backed' this summer or that he's picked the players we have got at SWFC.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"Right Gary, Come in, sit down. We are here today to discuss who you think we should sign for next season"

"Now as you know I'm absolutely MINTED and it's only the EFL/FFP stopping me doing a massive SPENDAGEDDON but even so I'm so loaded it's unbelievable and even better, I'm putting all my own money in so that should guarantee respect from all the fans too!"

"Great!"

"So Garry - what I want you to do is give me an idea of who we should sign to get us out of this point deduction thing. You can have ANYONE. REmember I'm minted and loaded so I'll get you anyone you like"

"Right.. Let's start... so this dream team you want to assemble. Let me know which players and I"ll use my contacts, my skills as a chairman but most importantly all that money that I  have and I'll go get them for you"

"OK that's awesome.. well let's start with my number one target Chey Dunkley. He's a natural born leader, a great player and I want him to be the one to captain the side and lead us to victory!!"

"Ok - I'll go get him for you Garry - with all my money and wonga that won't be an issue because remember I"M LOADED!!!! It's only the EFL stopping me spending my money!!"

"You   you want this player then? I'll get on the phone and get him, using all my spending power and money?"

"Yep - I'm sure"

"Yeah but he's not played a single second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February??!!"

"A player with a leg broken in two places, who's not played since February, with big metal rods in his leg???"

"But you can have ANYONE Garry. I'm LOADED me - got loads of money. Cash rich I am. I"m MINTED - you can pick anyone you want in football!!"

"Nope it's definitely Chey double leg break, not played since february, metal rods in his leg Dunkley I want"

Come on now...

Anyone thinking Monk has been 'backed' this summer needs to stop, think and reassess  their position

Criticise Monk's strategy, tactics, man management, starting lineups, substitutions etc

But let's not be trying to suggest that Monk's been 'backed' this summer or that he's picked the players we have got at SWFC.

Ok so we can no longer questions his record, team selections, or if we would get a better replacement good enough to replace him. But we are allowed (currently), to question the above. Thanks for the latest update Boris!

Guest whowantstoberich

None of the players are superstars, we get that! BUT put a wilder or warnock in charge of them and we would have been on plus points by now. 

Its the managers job to motivate, coach and bring the best out of what he has. Currently he is not doing that at all.

Just now, whowantstoberich said:

None of the players are superstars, we get that! BUT put a wilder or warnock in charge of them and we would have been on plus points by now. 

Its the managers job to motivate, coach and bring the best out of what he has. Currently he is not doing that at all.

Mate - we just signed a player with his leg broken in two places, with metal rods in is leg, who hasnt' played a second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February 

Dont' even get me started on how he passed a medical

Owlstalk Shop

Guest whowantstoberich

Mate - we just signed a player with his leg broken in two places, with metal rods in is leg, who hasnt' played a second of football since he broke his leg in two places in February 

Dont' even get me started on how he passed a medical

I agree with you, not the brightest signing. 

But he does have a team of championship standard players, all be it none of them spectacular. Its his job to create a spectatular team out of average individuals, thats what a good manager does pal!

I agree with you, not the brightest signing.  

Not the brightest signing?

Why is nobody else other than me questioning it?

How did he pass a medical?

Why have we signed him knowing he won't be playing for us/the manager?

Who signed off the cheque to pay for this signing and why?

'not the brightest signing' - WTF?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Great!"

"Yep - I'm sure"

Come on now...

Anyone thinking Monk has been 'backed' this summer needs to stop, think and reassess  their position

Criticise Monk's strategy, tactics, man management, starting lineups, substitutions etc - that's totally right, fair and reasonable

Perhaps the chairman should have pointed out that he already had four centre backs, and he might be better concentrating on what was needed

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest whowantstoberich

Not the brightest signing?

Why is nobody else other than me questioning it?

How did he pass a medical?

Why have we signed him knowing he won't be playing for us/the manager?

Who signed off the cheque to pay for this signing and why?

'not the brightest signing' - WTF?!?!?

Well he was possibly signed for the future, not that it helps the situation, as we need players that are fit now.

The fact still remains though, he has enough fit players to motivate and coach into winning matches.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, pat blondeau said:

We couldn’t even afford to keep Fletcher and Fox.

We signed free agent rejects like Kachunga and Dunkley. 

And some on here still think Chansiri is going to spend millions or replace Monk with a proven championship manager 

Getting a proven championship manager in, whatever the cost, would be the best investment he could ever make.

Getting a proven championship manager in, whatever the cost, would be the best investment he could ever make.

This is so true

The biggest investment should always be the calibre of manager

I don't care what anyone says though - the ONLY reason any manager of any note would come here right now would purely be CASH and that's the absolute worst reason to employ any manager

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop