What was the first ever Sheffield Wednesday shirt that you bought/had?

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

When I was aboout 11 I asked my mum for the Forest away kit. It was shiny yellow with blue Adidas stripes. Shiny kits were just coming in and I loved it.

Anyway she bought me that yellow Leeds away kit (the admiral one with a blue and white stripe down the arms.

Proper nipple ripper. I didn't have the heart to tell her I hated it, she just said I thought you wanted a yellow kit.

You are a better son than me, I made her watch as I got her sewing kit out, then selected the small scissors before slowing and methodically picking away at the sewn on badge.

There it was, a bloody hand picked at Leeds badge, she has toiled at it for ages to pick it to the right size for the Weds badge to cover it. 

If the care home think i’m picking up the bill for extra Oxygen and painkillers they can think again!!

My grandparents got me a full home kit of the 87/88 season: pinstripes with white shorts and socks, although it was actually the previous season's kit when they got me it (they'd switched to blue shorts/socks by then). Presumably it was difficult getting hold of Wednesday replica kits down our way - they got it from the Goalpost football memorabilia shop by Selhurst Park.

I can't remember my first Wednesday shirt because I will have been a nipper but the first one I can actually remember is the Bukta one that felt like it was lined with sandpaper  - you know, the one that removed your nipples and all of the skin on your torso.  

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I got one in 1982 - a Bukta one with a makeshift plastic badge stuck on it . 

Same, iirc both the Bukta and the Owl were like ironed on plastic but they weren't half put on properly because they never came off or faded unlike some of the Puma and Diadora ones which only lasted a few washes before peeling off.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Can you remember?

Can't forget it. It was the blood pinstripe home shirt from the mid/late 80's!

Still got it, kept all the ones I've had apart from the orange Lotto one I left at 5-a-side. 

4 hours ago, brian joicey said:

xmas 1970, the blue one with white sleeves that the 150th anniversary kit was based on

Same here and also Christmas 1970. 

Still my favourite Wednesday shirt. Solid blue body with white round neck collar and white sleeves. Must have broke my dads heart when I asked Father Christmas for a Wednesday shirt. I’m the only owl in a family full of blades.

Good job I didn’t ask for a Micky Mouse outfit he might have bought me SUFC.

51 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I loved this kit cause I guess it was my first but my first experience of watching the Owls was the striped Bukta kit which I relate to more

DF3F41A1-69C7-456F-A403-7CEA1B9D2E96.jpeg

This was my first kit, Christmas present about 1971. 

Bukta stripped one was my next one. 

First away shirt was the Green and White hoops in late 80s season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I got one in 1982 - a Bukta one with a makeshift plastic badge stuck on it . 

Same year as me & my bro, from Jonny Quinn's.

Got a picture, my bro had the shirt sleeved with the dodgy stuck on bukta badge, I had the long sleeve one with the normal bukta badge.

I think this was the last rough material kit, my next was the yellow bukta away kit which was the modern shiney polyester.