Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

1 hour ago, Burnsie said:

So, views on Moyes. Got stick at Man U, but did pretty well considering those who came after (but didn't get the same level of stick). 

Is he a decent coach or not?

Don't think he should have been given the Utd job at the time

But he's doing brilliantly with WHU

He obviously is a decent manager but maybe not where expectations are the highest

9 hours ago, Burnsie said:

So, views on Moyes. Got stick at Man U, but did pretty well considering those who came after (but didn't get the same level of stick). 

Is he a decent coach or not?

Better suited to a low end, mid table team I think.

He's not the big name which fans love, maybe not the man to manage the big super stars. 

Doing brilliant at West Ham and long may it continue.

Just now, punkskaphil said:

How the hell did Palace win that? The match was pretty much played in their own penalty area. Ridiculous, Jeff.

I agree, more annoying was Sky calling game a local derby. :tango:

There's a bit of rivalry between clubs bit it's not a derby, they are not even in same county never mind same city. 

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I agree, more annoying was Sky calling game a local derby. :tango:

There's a bit of rivalry between clubs bit it's not a derby, they are not even in same county never mind same city. 

When I used to go to Palace games with my friends in the late ‘90s they definitely saw Brighton as their main rivals. They had a real hatred of Man Utd as well though, after United fans killed a Palace fan before a cup semi-final.

7 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

When I used to go to Palace games with my friends in the late ‘90s they definitely saw Brighton as their main rivals. They had a real hatred of Man Utd as well though, after United fans killed a Palace fan before a cup semi-final.

I work in Croydon with a lot of Palace fans.

They hate Millwall and Charlton most.

Just now, Eastern said:

I work in Croydon with a lot of Palace fans.

They hate Millwall and Charlton most.

They didn’t when I used to go there. Charlton and Millwall used to get an occasional mention, but Brighton and Man Utd were sung about. I also had a few Charlton-supporting friends and they seemed to be far more bothered about Palace than vice-versa. Maybe it’s changed since then.

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker's father, Jose Agostinho Becker, has died aged 57 in Brazil.

Local police inspector Doroteo Machado Filho said Becker drowned at a dam near his holiday home in Lavras do Sul.

Liverpool said they are "deeply saddened" by the death and asked for privacy for Alisson and his family.

RIP.   Very sad. 

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson Becker's father, Jose Agostinho Becker, has died aged 57 in Brazil.

Local police inspector Doroteo Machado Filho said Becker drowned at a dam near his holiday home in Lavras do Sul.

Liverpool said they are "deeply saddened" by the death and asked for privacy for Alisson and his family.

RIP.   Very sad. 

Terrible, he will surely go to the funeral so they'll be without him for a while. Adrian's been poor when given chances.

15 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Terrible, he will surely go to the funeral so they'll be without him for a while. Adrian's been poor when given chances.

13 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

He has to get by travel restrictions first

Could well be right, Klopp wasn't able to attend his mothers funeral was he?

Terribly sad news for him and would expect him to take some time out to recover given the circumstances it would be understandable if he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

Henderson ruled out through injury for 2-3 months today as well. 

They are still able to field a very strong side but it does seem a bit like one thing after another for them at the moment and they have looked like they have been feeling sorry for themselves recently. 

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Could well be right, Klopp wasn't able to attend his mothers funeral was he?

Terribly sad news for him and would expect him to take some time out to recover given the circumstances it would be understandable if he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play.

Henderson ruled out through injury for 2-3 months today as well. 

They are still able to field a very strong side but it does seem a bit like one thing after another for them at the moment and they have looked like they have been feeling sorry for themselves recently. 

IIRC Klopp could have gone but decided not to based on the amount of quarantine he would have to do?