Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

11 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Some pretty fresh hair do’s on these PL players , mine is covering my eyes almost interrupting my viewing of a pretty decent match!

Shaved mine off on the basis I can wear a hat when leaving the house for the foreseeable future!

West Ham Spurs has been a good game. Not looking good for Spurs for a top 4 or even top 6 place but wouldn't put it past them winning the League Cup or Europa  League this season.  

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Liverpool are in a proper crisis now.

Honestly, I think it's largely of their own making.

Yes, they've had some rotten luck with injuries, but they've never got on with it, constantly moaning and complaining about how unfair everything is.

Very negative mindset since the Van Dijk injury and it's all become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. Poor squad management too. Going into the season with three senior Cbs (one who is a crock) was always risky. They then wait until the last minute to get in some replacements; one from Preston and the other from rock bottom Schalke.

very true. They went OTT over that injury

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Shaved mine off on the basis I can wear a hat when leaving the house for the foreseeable future!

West Ham Spurs has been a good game. Not looking good for Spurs for a top 4 or even top 6 place but wouldn't put it past them winning the League Cup or Europa  League this season.  

I hope so because I think Mourinho provides great value in viewing for the neutral 

17 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I hope so because I think Mourinho provides great value in viewing for the neutral 

I'm not a big fan of his but can't deny that he is box office. 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Did you see the Spur's documentary on Amazon? I think he came across as quite likeable 

I didn't but have heard it was fairly positive for him. I have seen other lengthy interviews with him and read about some of the stuff he does away from the game and he does seem like a decent bloke. 

To be fair when I played football at times I was a totally different person on the pitch to what I am like normally and can understand how the intensity of the job could make him act differently. 

I think he has lost some of the sparkle that made him the self proclaimed special one though, he hasn't reached the heights of what he achieved at Porto, 1st spell at Chelsea and at Inter since the Real Madrid job.  

Think Jose has failed to really evolve.

I don't know, perhaps his brand of football can still be successful, but it won't be with this Spurs side. 

He needs a world class goalkeeper, world class cbs and central midfielders - he has none of those.

Also helps when you have players all over the park who can chip in with a goal or create a chance. He's got two players who can score and create goals - Kane and Son. 

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Think Jose has failed to really evolve.

I don't know, perhaps his brand of football can still be successful, but it won't be with this Spurs side. 

He needs a world class goalkeeper, world class cbs and central midfielders - he has none of those.

Also helps when you have players all over the park who can chip in with a goal or create a chance. He's got two players who can score and create goals - Kane and Son. 

I think Lloris has been top class in the past but hasn't been in the last season or two and will need replacing. 

Agree on the defensive minded players as well, none of them would be sought after by top 4 sides. 

The squad does have other goal scorers, Bale, Lamela, Dele Alli, Moura - but like you say, none of them will fit into a Mourinho system regularly. 

37 minutes ago, Dore Owl said:

What a borefest that was.

It was pretty dull after the first 20 minutes or so.

Sign of where Arsenal are at that they will get a pat on the back for only losing 1-0 at home to City while the reality was they were beaten by a side that didn't need to exert themselves for around an hour. 

Finished outside the top 6 twice in 22 seasons under Wenger with 6th their worst finish in his last season. 8th last season and will do well to finish above that this season.  

15 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/18/football-association-introduce-retrospective-bans-diving-feigning-injury-next-season

Has this rule changed? I remember seeing players hit with retrospective bans for diving but, haven’t seen it for a long time. The Salah one against Everton this evening was pathetic. Time to role this back out.

The rule comes in if a player successfully deceives the officials and it leads to a penalty or dismissal, so in theory it’s not needed now that we have VAR.

However, in practice it really is needed, but that’s more down to the failure of officials to use VAR correctly.

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

So, views on Moyes. Got stick at Man U, but did pretty well considering those who came after (but didn't get the same level of stick). 

Is he a decent coach or not?

Like a few others on here at the time I said he’d be a good choice as manager for us.  But some felt he was an awful manager.  All about opinions isn’t it 

• Thanks 1