Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

Worse title defence ever? Think Blackburn slumped after their title in the 90s?

Blackburn finished 7th that season, 61 points. Dirty Leeds finished 17th in the first Premier League season after they won the last old first division title. 

1 minute ago, Alb1owl said:

No massive love for Liverpool, but what on Earth is that decision?

Is refereeing fit for purpose in the professional game, it’s dreadful stuff and has been for ages. 

Calvert Lewin taps the ball into an empty net if Alexander Arnold doesn't get up and bring him down. Doesn't have to be deliberate for it to be a foul. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Calvert Lewin taps the ball into an empty net if Alexander Arnold doesn't get up and bring him down. Doesn't have to be deliberate for it to be a foul. 

He’s there from a different phase of play, he could have avoided him couldn’t he? If he’d chopped him when the shot was taken, or before the shot, then fair enough. 

I don’t see that as a foul. 

Liverpool are pants though 😎

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Has anyone done worse than Leeds? Pre- PL?

I only really going back as far as I can remember seeing myself, which is from the Liverpool mide-80's dominance. I'll try and have a quick look. 

18 minutes ago, Alb1owl said:

He’s there from a different phase of play, he could have avoided him couldn’t he? If he’d chopped him when the shot was taken, or before the shot, then fair enough. 

I don’t see that as a foul. 

Liverpool are pants though 😎

Having seen it again a few times it does look a bit harsh in the sense that Calvert Lewin caused the contact as you suggest.

Oh well, never mind! 😂

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Turns out Man City got relegated the season after they won the title in the 30's - the only time this has happened.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/10-worst-english-top-flight-title-defences-ever

Here's the table before the final round of games! Even worse for City, Man U were promoted from Division 2 on the same day, edging out the pigs on goal average.

image.png.e1847faabec56debb522d237f3e2bd38.png

• Like 1

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/18/football-association-introduce-retrospective-bans-diving-feigning-injury-next-season

Has this rule changed? I remember seeing players hit with retrospective bans for diving but, haven’t seen it for a long time. The Salah one against Everton this evening was pathetic. Time to role this back out.

Salah isn’t the only one but he dives and cheats every week. Even Carraghee called it him out yesterday. 

Loving this Liverpool implosion this season, great to see. 

Fulham picking up results now and playing ok most games. I’d be worried if I was a Newcastle fan. Picked up a few injuries too recently. 

Liverpool are in a proper crisis now.

Honestly, I think it's largely of their own making.

Yes, they've had some rotten luck with injuries, but they've never got on with it, constantly moaning and complaining about how unfair everything is.

Very negative mindset since the Van Dijk injury and it's all become a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy. Poor squad management too. Going into the season with three senior Cbs (one who is a crock) was always risky. They then wait until the last minute to get in some replacements; one from Preston and the other from rock bottom Schalke.

• Like 2