Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Just the 24 games unbeaten for struggling City. 

Oh good grief... I’m sorry that I misjudged your beloved City, but please God stop these niggly comments every time they win and play well.

They are doing very well, contrary to my (an overweight school teacher) predictions... I hope Pep sleeps at night despite that.

Not that it matters, but I am pleased they will win the league, I much prefer them to the alternatives. But, please, please, please forgive me for saying they weren’t as good as they are.

Edited by Ever the pessimist

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Oh good grief... I’m sorry that I misjudged your beloved City, but please God stop these niggly comments every time they win and play well.

They are doing very well, contrary to my (an overweight school teacher) predictions... I hope Pep sleeps at night despite that.

Not that it matters, but I am pleased they will win the league, I much prefer them to the alternatives. But, please, please, please forgive me for saying they weren’t as good as they are.

Touchy much.

I didn't quote you in my post and it is not actually aimed at you, calm down sir!'

Not my beloved City, I enjoy watching them as I have enjoyed watching Pep teams over the years. Wednesday are my footballing love my friend, no need to be so tetchy, try and enjoy the week off! 

lol

29 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Touchy much.

I didn't quote you in my post and it is not actually aimed at you, calm down sir!'

Not my beloved City, I enjoy watching them as I have enjoyed watching Pep teams over the years. Wednesday are my footballing love my friend, no need to be so tetchy, try and enjoy the week off! 

lol

Hmm. Every win they get you need to reference the fact others have doubted them, even bringing up past posts.

They’re great. Nice one. Please forgive me.

Guest Mcguigan
8 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

What a goal. 

Say what you like about Grealish, who is a wonderful player, Foden is on a different level. Find a place for them both

If Grealish performed regularly to the levels Foden reaches, pretty sure the media would calling or him to knighted by now.

20 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Really really really hope we go 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 at the euros. 

If Southgate shoehorn 5 defenders and 2 holding CMs into our team ill cry 

I can understand why he went with a defensive approach in the last World Cup, the attacking midfield players we have now weren't ready at that time and he found a system that worked.

I agree with you now though, it'd be really disappointing to see us pick 7 defensive players but I wouldn't bet against it sadly. Hopefully Dier will have dropped down the pecking order but he was still playing a back 3 in the last round of international matches. Maguire and Mings look certs, Stones will come back into the equation with his form and Keane got a run out last time. Henderson & Rice could easily be both in the team rather than one of the two and we will then be crying out for more of the attacking talent to get a chance. I don't think the goalkeeping situation helps as Southgate feels he needs to offer more protection. Pickford makes too many mistakes but Henderson hasn't been given enough opportunity to prove himself this season and Pope still seems to b behind Pickford in Southgate's reckoning. 

Yea it's crazy, but seems to be reflective of most managers these days. More worried about the opposition. 

If we are paying Rice and Henderson then 4-2-3-1 offers more than enough imo. 

Would like to see Foden and Mount either side of Henderson or Rice in a 3 personally 

12 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Hmm. Every win they get you need to reference the fact others have doubted them, even bringing up past posts.

They’re great. Nice one. Please forgive me.

17 wins in a row - of I did it every time they won you would now about it!

Try not to dwell on it too much, its just opinions on a football forum, I said Pulis would at least manage to do a better job than Monk so what do I know! Feel free to refer back to this anytime you want. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Yea it's crazy, but seems to be reflective of most managers these days. More worried about the opposition. 

Would like to see Foden and Mount either side of Henderson or Rice in a 3 personally 

I don't know how many games we've got before the tournament this summer but it'll be disappointing if something like this isn't at least given a try a couple of times. 

1 hour ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Pickford isn’t England standard either. Should have saved the third goal. 

Pope for me, couldn’t care less if he’s not as good with the ball at his feet he saves goals going in. 

Henderson really needed to push for a move this season, even if it was another loan.

He looks a real prospect and I think he'd be our Number 1 if he was getting regular football.

Happy he didn't end up back at the pigs though!

1 hour ago, markg said:

I'd go for Pope in goal too. 

I saw an interview with Ben Foster the other day and he was absolutely raving about him. 

Aye, 

Pope

Henderson

Pickford

I'd personally place Ben Foster ahead of Pickford since 2018. Pickford has regressed hugely and isnt even good enough for Everton let alone England 

11 hours ago, fudge27 said:

My England Xl as it stands now.

Pope 

Alexander Arnold 

Stones 

Maguire

Shaw

Maddison 

Rice

Grealish

Foden

Kane

Sterling 

19 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

My England Xl as it stands now.

Pope 

Alexander Arnold 

Stones 

Maguire

Shaw

Maddison 

Rice

Grealish

Foden

Kane

Sterling 

Grealish and Foden can be switched in that, and Maddison doesn't suit a 4-3-3- for me. 

I'd go 

Pope 

TAA/James/Walker

Stones

Maguire

Chilwell/Shaw

Henderson

Mount

Foden

Sterling

Kane

Grealish

Can't split our fullbacks, Rashford, Sancho, Rice, Mings the ones knocking on the door.  

Against stronger teams

Pope 

James

Maguire

Stones 

Shaw

Rice

Henderson

Sterling 

Kane

Rashford 

Calvert Lewin