Which is more important game - Walsall or Cardiff?

3 hours ago, cowl said:

I dare someone to say Walsall (and give a compelling reason).

Walsall. 

The club are at a crossroads. Over the last 8 months the players have shown the fortitude of a choc ice on a hot day. If they are to overcome the minus 12 points they need to start their first competitive game on the front foot. A positive outcome is vital.

I expect them to win comfortably, but recognise the opposition a week later will be different kettle of fish.

4 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

Cardiff obviously, who gives a rats ass about the league cup...  although if we cant beat Walsall it will be a telling fact of our predicament.

Me 

It's only trophy I've seen Wednesday win in my life 

Your one of them fans who'd rather finish fouth from bottom in the Premier league than win the cup aren't ya? 

Tomorrow should be treated as a warm up match. That's no disrespect to Walsall who I'm sure will be able to beat us but we should be looking to use tomorrow to get some confidence for next weekend when the important matches start 

The one that comes first.. Simple. 

When you've a mountain to climb daydreaming about reaching the f top gets you nowhere. It's about just putting one foot in front of the other and negotiating what's in front of you. 

Being less cryptical. Get that first win under your belt and try to build upon it, winning games brings confidence, losing them saps it,no matter who the opposition is. Thats why for me getting off to a good start and trying to get a run going especially with the Points deduction is imperative. 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Me 

It's only trophy I've seen Wednesday win in my life 

Your one of them fans who'd rather finish fouth from bottom in the Premier league than win the cup aren't ya? 

Correctamondo ..I hope catdog won’t be wanting a ticket if we get to the final even tho we won’t but you know wot I’m saying

I doubt anyone would be applying the ‘whichever comes first’ reasoning had the Walsall game followed the Cardiff one - for the simple reason that ‘the league takes priority’ is by far the stronger argument - and that's the case, of course, no matter what order the games fall.

If we show no ambition to win the game tomorrow, I'll be seething with anger, but that's nothing to how I'd be if we were to approach the Cardiff game similarly.